Undercover Boss - NCL tonight (9:00 EST)

Twobonbons

I thought it was a pretty good show, particularly enjoyed seeing details of some cruise line roles from an insider perspective. CEO does make it seem like he cares about employees and how things really work. I was surprised that he appeared somewhat socially uncomfortable and made a few comments I would not expect from a CEO. He does appear to be a very driven, accomplished man, but at great sacrifice to his family life. It was interesting.

(I've watched "undercover boss" a couple times, but only when the company it is about interests me. I find the hokey - reveal - give them something end a bit tedious.)

Was it filmed on two ships??? They seemed to be on the POA in the beginning, but then they seemed to be on the Epic also, or at least they were talking about it. I thought the "crew cabin was pretty nice. He was 100% correct on the ice skating........what a waste.

I enjoyed the show. Now we all know what happened to the ice rink on Epic ;)

The biggest thing the show demonstrated is how hard cruise workers work. I once saw a show "Behind the scenes on the NCL Pearl" and the workers are almost like slaves. They work just about everyday and 10-12 hours at least. You can see the busy restaurants is non stop work. It takes a ton of hard work to keep a cruise ship running and the passengers happy. This is why i get upset when I see people trashing service because they had to ask for their water glass to be filled, someone did not smile at them, or their butler was not friendly. I suggest someone work ONE day on a cruise ship before complaining about such minor things.

Back to the show.......

It was good but everyone knew he was Kevin Sheehan. The waitress called him out right away. The others knew too but because they were on camera, they kept their mouth shut.

Kevin is not typical of a NCL new employee. His older and from another part of the world than his workers. Then a full camera crew followed him around as he worked and interviewed the workers. Hmmmmmm. But most revealing is he did not stay with the crew. He stayed in a passenger cabin. The crew would find it suspicious that the "new guy" was not staying and sleeping with the crew. Anytime there are cameras around, people are not natural. I dont see NCL putting a brand new guy into the white hot party and leading line dances. So because all of this was so against the norm, there is no way they did not know he was Kevin Sheehan. That does not mean that I did not like the show though. It is always good for a CEO to see first hand the work and issues of their workers.

I enjoyed the show. Now we all know what happened to the ice rink on Epic ;)

The biggest thing the show demonstrated is how hard cruise workers work. I once saw a show "Behind the scenes on the NCL Pearl" and the workers are almost like slaves. They work just about everyday and 10-12 hours at least. You can see the busy restaurants is non stop work. It takes a ton of hard work to keep a cruise ship running and the passengers happy. This is why i get upset when I see people trashing service because they had to ask for their water glass to be filled, someone did not smile at them, or their butler was not friendly. I suggest someone work ONE day on a cruise ship before complaining about such minor things.

Back to the show.......

It was good but everyone knew he was Kevin Sheehan. The waitress called him out right away. The others knew too but because they were on camera, they kept their mouth shut.

Kevin is not typical of a NCL new employee. His older and from another part of the world than his workers. Then a full camera crew followed him around as he worked and interviewed the workers. Hmmmmmm. But most revealing is he did not stay with the crew. He stayed in a passenger cabin. The crew would find it suspicious that the "new guy" was not staying and sleeping with the crew. Anytime there are cameras around, people are not natural. I dont see NCL putting a brand new guy into the white hot party and leading line dances. So because all of this was so against the norm, there is no way they did not know he was Kevin Sheehan. That does not mean that I did not like the show though. It is always good for a CEO to see first hand the work and issues of their workers.

The premise of the show is that two people are TRYING OUT for a position. The same position. Thus, not yet an real employee and that's why not in a crew room.

Also, even the waitress who recognized him as quizzed if she had ever heard of Undercover Boss and she said no. That seems logical since they are out in the ocean and do not have network TV.

Enjoyed it.

The premise of the show is that two people are TRYING OUT for a position. The same position. Thus, not yet an real employee and that's why not in a crew room.

Also, even the waitress who recognized him as quizzed if she had ever heard of Undercover Boss and she said no. That seems logical since they are out in the ocean and do not have network TV.

Enjoyed it.

The show was filmed twice on The Pride and once on The Epic. There is enough filming that goes on aboard ships that a camera crew would not arouse suspicions. From the reaction of the Hotel Director standing as Mr. Sheehan was going into The Manhattan Room, he knew what was going on and enjoying every minute of it. the Food and Beverage Director was standing next to the HD and by the look on his face, he didn't know. I wish that they had updated it further than the end of December. Mandy

ithey work just about everyday and 10-12 hours at least. You can see the busy restaurants is non stop work. It takes a ton of hard work to keep a cruise ship running and the passengers happy. This is why i get upset when i see people trashing service because they had to ask for their water glass to be filled, someone did not smile at them, or their butler was not friendly. I suggest someone work one day on a cruise ship before complaining about such minor things..

x10

:mad: Dang it, I missed it! My mother told me, she knows that I have become cruise obsessed, and I came on here to see if anyone knows when it will be airing again. Anyone? PLEASE, I AM DESPARATE!!!:D

Archived