Trying To Convenience RE: Jeans

On our Radiance cruise last month, the only time jeans may have been acceptable was on the very first night. I think RCI realizes not everyone will have their luggage by dinner, so they allow you to dress casually ( usually whatever you have travelled in) I would not really suggest jeans in the main dining room at any other time.

Jeans would be acceptable for breakfast or lunch but not for dinner except on the first nite. As a side note, if you are going to the Caribbean, jeans are too warm to wear.

Docker type pants are just as comfortable & look so much better.

JMO

Norma

Jeans would be acceptable for breakfast or lunch but not for dinner except on the first nite. As a side note, if you are going to the Caribbean, jeans are too warm to wear.

Docker type pants are just as comfortable & look so much better.

JMO

Norma

I agree!!

The DH and myself love our jeans in the Winter, down here in Florida, but never wear them in the summer time. Much too warm!

I never pack jeans for either one of us on a cruise. (Unless we are cruising the cold climes, not the tropical settings). They also take up more room than the lighter clothes that you will actually wear. But, to each thier own!

Cheers!

Is there ever a time in the main dining room when jeans are acceptable?

Here we go again.:rolleyes:

Jeans are not acceptable in the main dining room in the evenings on RCI but some people will wear them anyway, more than a few on the first and last nights.

On our last cruise on formal night, a fellow wore blue jeans, a long morning coat and a Texas tie. I think he looked great. And he did look dressed up and obviously comfortable.

Dyed denim, in beige or black might work better if you really have to have your jeans.

First night. The rest of the time technically no.. but some do it anyway. You can be refused service because of it. So if you take the risk then you take it and may end up eating in your cabin or the Windjammer.

It's one of their rules and you don't have to like it but you are traveling on their companies ship. I could care less if one or two people wear jeans. Does not bother me. It will really upset some people tho.

RCI has a Country Western theme night, suggested dress is CW or casual. To me that indicates that RCI has no problem with passengers wearing jeans in the dining room for dinner. As for jeans being too warm, the ship is air conditioned and the dining room is usually on the cool side.

Go out and buy a pair of Dockers and see how nice you look and feel in them.

I tried that once and I didn't feel at all good in them and certainly didn't look good. Guess everyone has different opinions as to what is "nice". Until RCI has a "no jeans allowed in the dining room" policy, I'll continue to follow the suggested dress code and wear my jeans on CW theme night.

debg. Looked great? Sounds like a clown outfit to me. What do people not understand about the word formal? Suit or tux. So very simple.

I believe it's called Western formal. If you watch any of the CW music awards, you'll see quite a lot of it. Not my cup of tea, but to each his own.

Archived