Comparing Carnival, Celebrity, and NCL w/regard to CC Meet-n-Greet's

Tom-n-Cheryl

Something I did as the organizer for the Cruise Critic gathering on our last NCL cruise, which I think may have contributed to good attendance, was to prepare an invitation at home before the sailing for everyone whose name I had from the CC Roll Call. I made them up from some scrapbooking doo-dads and nice paper using the Cruise Critic logo and mentioned the time date and location. Once on board, I asked to have the invitations delivered to each person's room. I think I also had invitations for some of the ship's officers as well (by title, since I didn't know all of their names).

Something I did as the organizer for the Cruise Critic gathering on our last NCL cruise, which I think may have contributed to good attendance, was to prepare an invitation at home before the sailing for everyone whose name I had from the CC Roll Call. I made them up from some scrapbooking doo-dads and nice paper using the Cruise Critic logo and mentioned the time date and location. Once on board, I asked to have the invitations delivered to each person's room. I think I also had invitations for some of the ship's officers as well (by title, since I didn't know all of their names).

That is a great idea. One of the couples in charge of one of our M&G a few years ago did something very similare.

Nita

I have only attended one M & G on NCL, on the Gem in March 2010.

I was new to this board then and did sign my husband and I up for the roll call and meet and greet but I wasn't so impressed.

It was in Le Bistro, the had coffee and pastries and officers of the ship came and spoke to us.

We sat at a table with a family and exchanged pleasantries with them but didn't really go beyond that. We did form a trivia team with someone form our roll call and that was fun (we won progressive trivia!)

I didn't get any crew members cards or any offer to contact them if I needed to.

No one asked my name or spoke to me or my husband again on the ship.

I wasn't disappointed, I didn't know what to expect. It was a nice way to learn more about the crew and what they did.

Maybe we were not outgoing enough and didn't talk to enough people/crew, we are not really "gung-ho" group activity people.

That said, we are signed up for our M & G on the Star and I'll try to be more out going. This one has a slot pull (we may do) and a gift exchange (we're not dong) so maybe it will be more lively.

So I don't know if the crew on the Gem wasn't as friendly as other crews you all have met or if we missed something.

How did you manage to deliver these?

My meet and greet list does not have last names or cabin numbers.

Lois

Lois

I am pretty sure we all exchanged email addresses and then shared one another's full names by email. With full names on the envelope, I just asked at Reception if they would deliver the envelopes to the passenger's staterooms and it was no problem.

Our group was fewer than 20 couples, so it wasn't super-difficult to collect information from one another. Later in the cruise we even had a get-together in the suite of one of the other CC members on the cruise, they had a bar setup and snacks. (We were in the suite next door, so it was kind of cool!)

Lois

I usually have people email me their cabin number to add to my list but I do not publish their cabin numbers on the Roll Call pdf. It is helpful to have the cabin numbers if a last minute change occurs to the date, time or location of the Meet and Greet. You can at least call and leave a message on thier cabin telephone.

Once on board, I asked to have the invitations delivered to each person's room. I think I also had invitations for some of the ship's officers as well (by title, since I didn't know all of their names).

How long ago was this? because i had understood they dont do this, you would need to deliver them:confused:

i had planned to deliver flyers to those who want a reminder, but everything i have heard you need to do it yourself.

How long ago was this? because i had understood they dont do this, you would need to deliver them:confused:

i had planned to deliver flyers to those who want a reminder, but everything i have heard you need to do it yourself.

It would have been in 2004, so things could have changed significantly since then :)

Archived