8 Night Bahamas out of NJ

Has anyone done the 8 night Bahamas cruise on EOS? Can you tell me which nights are the formal nights?

If anyone has the cruise compasses for this cruise I would love to see them. This is our 2nd cruise (both on EOS) but the first for our friends so we wanted to show them what they could expect.

Thanks

Liz

Has anyone done the 8 night Bahamas cruise on EOS? Can you tell me which nights are the formal nights?

If anyone has the cruise compasses for this cruise I would love to see them. This is our 2nd cruise (both on EOS) but the first for our friends so we wanted to show them what they could expect.

Thanks

Liz

Here is your Roll Call:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1423566

This is not a cruise that Explorer does a lot. Has she done any of them yet, or are they all still in the future?

Basically, you aren't going very far south, because it takes so long to get from NJ to FL.

Port Canaveral is the home port to several ships, including (currently) Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas and Monarch of the Seas. From there, many people go to the Space Center at Cape Canaveral. There are fabulous tours there. If you want to spend a lot of time driving, you could rent a car and go up to the amusement parks near Orlando. (your stop *is* 14 hours there).

The Bahamas are not far off the coast of Florida, and those are two very standard cruise ship stops. CocoCay is RC's private island, and it is just lovely. It's a beach day. (you have to tender here)

Nassau is, well, Nassau. You are actually there overnight, so using Comfort Suites Paradise Island to get passes to Atlantis becomes a very good idea.

P.S. My first two cruises ever were also on the Explorer. :)

We're booked on this cruise and since she goes out on Friday, I might ask my DH to drive us to the port, rather than leave the car for so many days. Plus I've heard that there have been issues with the condition of your car when you return, if you're parked in a location that suffers from the blowing winds and paint from nearby touchup work.

I'm looking forward to the cruise, not because of the ports, which frankly are kind of boring, but 8 nights on a ship. Lovely.

My wife, son, and I will be going on this cruise as well. Third on Explorer. We parked at Bayonne last month without a problem. We have an anniversary and my son's birthday being celebrated on the two formal nights. I know the first is the second night, but I can't remember if RCCL agent said the second was on the 6th or 7th night. Was planning on the Everglades Fan Boat tour in FLL and not sure about Nassau. All I hear is about Atlantis, but I've never looked into it so I'm not sure what its all about.

They can probably expect a paint oversprayed car when they return if you park at the port. If you don't drive to the port you will not have this problem. :rolleyes:

How recent is that paint spray problem? I've parked there three different times with no issue. Just curious.

Teddie

The Ops cruise is 3/2012, how in the world did this become about overspray for a cruise 7+ months away is crazy. [We have also never had an issue with this when we parked there.]

Anyway, to the OP - Im not sure Explorer ever did this itinerary from Cape Liberty before? [see my signature below, we have spent a lot of time on her, lol]

The overspray issue may also depend on where you park. We had no problem both times we parked @ Cape Liberty (4/10 & 5/11).

Others on the same cruise this year said their cars were damaged. Our car had nothing but a little dirt which came off in the touchless car wash...

Archived