For those who have done the British Isles cruises that include Liverpool-How far does

the ship dock from Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Edinburgh and Glasgow? Are they pretty close or a long ride like from Civitachhia to Rome? Thanks

Assume you're docking in Greenock for Glagow which takes 30 -45 mins dependng on train. Are you docking at Rosyth or South Queensferry for Edinburgh? Cork is a fairly short train ride round the bay from where you dock at Cobh (from where Titanic set sail!). Train tends to get very busy, but station is a short walk away.

the ship dock from Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Edinburgh and Glasgow? Are they pretty close or a long ride like from Civitachhia to Rome? Thanks

From what I have learned:

Cork = 25 mins away via train from Cobh (docking city).

Dublin = Ship docks there, you take only taxis I believe.

Belfast = Ship docks there, taxis.

Edinburgh = Ship docks in S. Queensferry and you can take a taxi or 15-min train into Edinburgh.

Glasgow = Ship docks in Greenock and it's a 20-30 min train ride into Glasgow city.

Paris = Ship docks in Le Havre. There is a 2-hour high-speed train that can take you from Le Havre into Paris.

Liverpool seems to be the most "walkable" close city, as far as distance from the ship, as well as Guernsey.

I'm sure the experts will chime in now.... :)

From what I have learned:

Cork = 25 mins away via train from Cobh (docking city).

Dublin = Ship docks there, you take only taxis I believe.

Belfast = Ship docks there, taxis.

Edinburgh = Ship docks in S. Queensferry and you can take a taxi or 15-min train into Edinburgh.

Glasgow = Ship docks in Greenock and it's a 20-30 min train ride into Glasgow city.

Paris = Ship docks in Le Havre. There is a 2-hour high-speed train that can take you from Le Havre into Paris.

Liverpool seems to be the most "walkable" close city, as far as distance from the ship, as well as Guernsey.

I'm sure the experts will chime in now.... :)

You can't walk from the ship to St. Peter Port, Guernsey.

WD

Archived