The TRUTH about food on Freedom OTS

HOWS THE FOOD?!?!?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. HOWS THE FOOD?!?!?

I am not expecting Michelin star quality food in the MDR and Windjammer. But other cruises I have taken before (3 carnival,2 RC, 1 NCL) , the MDR food has been great, and the Buffet has been decent. I have noticed some reviewers saying that they are expecting the food to be compareable to Red Lobster or Outback.

Are you kidding me ? Those places are disgusting, if you want your MDR food to be like that, you have quite low standards IMO.

Basically I just want an honest opinion of these two food options, as I'm not interested in spending extra money for food

Poll Included

I am not expecting Michelin star quality food in the MDR and Windjammer. But other cruises I have taken before (3 carnival,2 RC, 1 NCL) , the MDR food has been great, and the Buffet has been decent. I have noticed some reviewers saying that they are expecting the food to be compareable to Red Lobster or Outback.

Are you kidding me ? Those places are disgusting, if you want your MDR food to be like that, you have quite low standards IMO.

Basically I just want an honest opinion of these two food options, as I'm not interested in spending extra money for food

Poll Included

You didn't vote ?

I voted "C", but I have always been happy with MDR food... it's not Five star, but it's not too bad either. as always, some things are better than others. The Variety of cuisine beats Red Lobster and Outback. Even with cutbacks and service being down a bit service kicks but over those places.

I didn't vote because I have yet to sail on the ship. I agree that anyone saying food at chain restaurants , outback, red lobster, olive garden, applebees, etc. has been better than food on the ship is delirious, and needs to be put in a mental hospital asap :)

>> I have noticed some reviewers saying that they are expecting the food to be compareable to Red Lobster or Outback.

I've only been on the Liberty, but would image the food not that different from the Freedom. And the food in the MDR was no better than Red Lobster or Outback.

I have to agree that I find the food to be more like "chain" restaurants than it used to be. I'm not sure anyone is HOPING for chain restaurant food, but I feel that's what it's comparable to, in most cases. Yes...they will have some dishes that aren't on chain restaurant menus, but overall, that's what I'd compare the food on RCI today with.

That said, you won't starve at all....there's plenty of stuff to eat. It's just not "Morton's", "Ruth Chris" or other high-end restaurant fare.

If you can't find good food on a cruise ship..........

what do you eat in you're own home??????

A great attitude

is the difference between ordeal and adventure!

Being happy

does not mean that everything is perfect.

It means you have decided

to look beyond the imperfections

of you're own expectations.

Archived