RCI AO age restrictions?

ecarney

We are sailing in November of this year with our 2 & 4 yr olds. The 4 yr old will be 5 in early December so I have no concern over him fully enjoying the AO program. I'm wondering about our daughter though. She is fully potty trained now but won't be 3 until February (so 2.75 when we sail). I know she is under the age limit for AO but I'm wondering if anyone has ever been allowed to enroll a younger sibiling even for a short time period? My husband and I both work so the kids attend daycare and are well socialized. She would be in the same group with her brother and they get along very well. She communicates well and like I mentioned, is completely potty-trained.

Any chance they might let her visit for a bit? Or should I give up this dream?

They are fairly strict with the age limits...you can always ask....all they can do is say, "No"!

On Oasis and Allure (and maybe, Freedom), they do have a "daycare" sort of thing for the under-3 group....

You have to look at it this way.....if every person came up with the same comment of "Well, she's going to be three in three months." or "I'll be 21 in 7 weeks" so why can't I do whatever, there would be no need for rules. With all due respect, it's not like she's turning three during the cruise, but three months later. You will be able to take your daughter in the Royal Tots program for 45 minutes a day, but you will have to stay with her, as they don't allow the underage kids to be left alone.

Any chance they might let her visit for a bit? Or should I give up this dream?

Give up the dream. Even if your daughter was turning 3 a few days into the cruise, they wouldn't let her come to AO until her actual birthday. They have been known to be flexible on letting siblings switch to an older or younger group to be together, but I've never heard a report that they let a 2 year old into the program.

I just wanted to confirm what sailinglisa said - the answer is "not even a chance". When we sailed on RCI, we moved the sailing to the week after our daughter's 3rd bday because of their rule that they don't allow kids in AO until the day of their bday, we didn't want her to miss a day. :)

Their liability insurance is written to allow children three years old AND fully potty trained (including adjusting their own clothing and wiping themselves) in AO.

One note about this. On our recent Oasis sailing, I talked to the AO staff about my son's being potty trained, but still having trouble pulling his pants back up. They said that they were not allowed to go into the bathroom to help the kids, but if he could go by himself and then come back out of the bathroom and into the AO room, they could help him fix his pants. This does not help the OP, but I just thought I'd throw it out there for clarification.

Don't give up your dream!

Re-book for when you daughter is 3, or choose Carnival, NCL or Disney so that she can attend a Kid's Club.

Happy Sailing!

Unless Disney has changed since we were on them, their actual kids club didn't start till 3.

The Flounder's Nursery (paid service like RCI has on some ships) is available for 2 year olds. :)

But that's what we did, NCL and Carnival at 2 -- RCI when the kids were 3. :D So I get your point. :D:D:D

Archived