Perks for Past Guest Passenger

NJ04SS

Stupid question, tried searching - but are there any perks for a Past-Guest passenger? My gf and I have only been on one other Carnival Cruise - Any perks?

Thanks in Advance!:cool:

Stupid question, tried searching - but are there any perks for a Past-Guest passenger? My gf and I have only been on one other Carnival Cruise - Any perks?

Thanks in Advance!:cool:

.....when you get to the check-in counter they will say "Welcome Back Mr./Ms. SoAndSo".

First time cruisers don't get that special treatment.

Also, when booking, you get past guest rates.

wasiii

You also get a past guest party on boat with an hour of free drinks and appetizer. I think also when they tell you welcome back, that makes you feel more appreciated then you're first one!!!!

Thats what I was looking for - Past Guest Party or something like that. NCL takes care of their past guest passengers, curious if Carnival did the same.

There is also a past guest party. You will receive a formal invitation delivered to your door. Once you have 10 cruises with Carnival under your belt you reach Platinum status. There are a few more perks with that, such as express boarding. I have just one word of advice....write down your past guest number and don't lose it!! I didn't get credit for my first 5 or 6 cruises because I didn't have it and had moved several times with no memory of old phone numbers.

I think the past guest parties are only on 7 days or longer cruises. I am a past guest but took 2 5 day cruises and never had one. Also, there are talks on these boards that free drinks are no longer given. Its something like $1 off. The only free drinks now are at the Bon Voyage party on the last day. I hear they "hide" it in the funtimes so many people don't know about it.

I think the past guest parties are only on 7 days or longer cruises. I am a past guest but took 2 5 day cruises and never had one. Also, there are talks on these boards that free drinks are no longer given. Its something like $1 off. The only free drinks now are at the Bon Voyage party on the last day. I hear they "hide" it in the funtimes so many people don't know about it.

I believe past guest parties are on sailings of 5 days and longer. Also, I think the $1 off/discount drinks is for the captain's reception on elegant night....still free drinks at the past guest party.

I believe past guest parties are on sailings of 5 days and longer. Also, I think the $1 off/discount drinks is for the captain's reception on elegant night....still free drinks at the past guest party.

hmmm...I guess I have to pay more attention to the boards. I sailed twice last year, I must have been on 4 day cruises not 5 since I didn't get an invite on my 2nd cruise. Not sure if you count the last day. Thanks for the info...sorry for passing on the wrong info :eek:

Went on a 5 day Triumph cruise in Feb. and attended the past guest party with free drinks and all. It's alive and well.

Went on a 5 day Triumph cruise in Feb. and attended the past guest party with free drinks and all. It's alive and well.

Can someone clarify this? I've been reading over the last year or better that free drinks at the Past Guest party are no more. Rather, they have a "Farewell Party" the last day of the cruise with free drinks for an hour there. Is this not the case? Have they brought back free drinks at the Past Guest Party?

Can someone clarify this? I've been reading over the last year or better that free drinks at the Past Guest party are no more. Rather, they have a "Farewell Party" the last day of the cruise with free drinks for an hour there. Is this not the case? Have they brought back free drinks at the Past Guest Party?

I don't think it can be clarified...like all things Carnival, it isn't consistant.

It's both. Free drinks at the past guest party and free drinks at the Farewell Party. Drinks at the Captain's party, usually on the first elegant night, are $1 off.

I thought that there talking about the Captains Party vs. the Farewell Party regarding the drinks going from free to a $1.00 off, unless on Carnival the Captains Party is the same thing as a "Past Guest" party. I am inquiring if they have a "Past Guest" type party.

I appreciate everyones input... you don't know if you never ask. This board is great and I only have a few days left to cruise, thanks again!:D

There are still free drinks at the past guest party. There are also free drinks at the farewell party. I believe past guest parties are only on 5 night+ sailings, but farewell parties are on every cruise even the shorties.

You'll get an invite to the past guest parties will plenty of free hooch. You'll get a snazzy goldish colored past guest S&S card, and you can laugh at all the nubies with the blue card 'what do they know, look at 'em, trying to pay for drinks in cash! hahaha.' That's about it til you hit plat.

You get a gold card

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also free drinks for past guests on a night. Ours sucked because it was after Cozumel which I was heavily polluted for... so I didn't make it to the free drinks.

2 yard drinks of 190 Octane LOL

I was just on Carnival Dream this past March and there was free drinks but only what they had on there tray....like rum punch, champagne and sour (something) don't remember, etc....

I was just on Carnival Dream this past March and there was free drinks but only what they had on there tray....like rum punch, champagne and sour (something) don't remember, etc....

That's how the Victory was.. Hey, better then nothing:cool:

They will bring you drinks other than what's on the trays if you ask.

I don't know if they all do it or if you just have to make friends with the server in your section though. We sail in a pack lol, usually over 20 of us, so they always talk a lot to the servers and we never have a problem getting other drinks. We have even gotten free frozen slushie type drinks at the past guest and farewell parties. They do it for the private cocktail parties too.

I didn't get credit for my first 5 or 6 cruises because I didn't have it and had moved several times with no memory of old phone numbers.

You should still be able to claim those if you haven't. They should all be in the system, with the possible exception of the first one. A CCL rep can find them based on name, ship, and approximate date, and add them to your current PG ID. You may have to try a few times but it looks like that would jump you to platinum... where you can expectantly wait for the new program/perks to come out in ~2013. :rolleyes:

As being a past guest you do get a formal invitation to the past guest party!! You do get free drinks at the past guest party and at the farewell party!! It's only the Captains Party the drinks are $1.00 off:( The past guest party I know is on 5 & 7 day cruises!! Hadn't been on a four day cruise since I booked my very first cruise!! 4 days is just not enough:)

Archived