Captains Cocktail Party for CV (Haven) Guests

lovetoreview

Hi everyone, just read in the Conde Nast Traveler magazine that NCL has a cocktail party for the suites guests on the EPIC. Is this true? If so, does anyone remember what night/time it is? I called NCL but they said look at the dailies, but I did and did not see it and don't want to double book dinner/entertainment. We are sailing in September in Europe on the Epic.

Thank you!

The cocktail party is the same on Epic as other ships (for suite guests). The Captain and other NCL staff show up and they serve wine, mixed drinks and finger foods. It is a great party. Sadly, of all the NCL ships, the Epic party was my least favorite. The Epic club was too small for all the suite guests. Everyone was smashed together and it was almost uncomfortable. We had an event scheduled so we had to leave early.

The best suite party on any NCL ship was the Jewel or Sky. They have them in the front Spinnacker lounge and there is so much room and not overflowing with suites. There was room to take pictures with the captain and mingle with other NCL staff. It is really fun and the drinks are free.

I'm not sure if there is a set day, but my recollection is that it is typically held a few days into sailing.

We usually enjoy this party since there are fewer guests, and we find it interesting to to talk to some of the "officers", whether its an actual ship officer (they don't stay around long), the hotel director, the head of housekeeping or beverages, or the shopping consultant. They are all friendly and usually share their backgrounds.

We were very disappointed with this party on the Spirit. The Spirit has its own art room, and that is where the cocktail party was held. It turned out to be an art sales pitch, where most of the crew at the party were art auctioneers.

on the gem it was in the courtyard. it was misting in bermuda so the top was closed and it was terribly hot and humid. i took several drinks from what i thought was the kids selection but they were screwdrivers! could not taste the liquor. a very friendly group from the ship but so uncomfortable we did not stay long. nice to be invited.

Hi everyone, just read in the Conde Nast Traveler magazine that NCL has a cocktail party for the suites guests on the EPIC. Is this true? If so, does anyone remember what night/time it is? I called NCL but they said look at the dailies, but I did and did not see it and don't want to double book dinner/entertainment. We are sailing in September in Europe on the Epic.

Thank you!

They were wrong if they told you to look in the dailies because it isn't mentioned there!

Archived