Schooner Bar

One of my favourite places "The Schooner Bar" in a few nautical terms. :p

Its a great place to Tide Over till the ship sails, you can get to Know the Ropes and feel Footloose. It's a First Rate place to meet on the ship and if you are Feeling Blue there is plenty of Grog, but be warned you might end up Three Sheets To The Wind and if that happens you will be feeling Pooped before sailaway. So my advise is to Cut and Run otherwise you might feel Under The Weather and worst of all Keel Over before sailaway.

If that happens you might have to Batten Down The Hatches cos it might be Touch and Go to make it to dinner. :o:p:D

One of my favourite places "The Schooner Bar" in a few nautical terms. :p

Its a great place to Tide Over till the ship sails, you can get to Know the Ropes and feel Footloose. It's a First Rate place to meet on the ship and if you are Feeling Blue there is plenty of Grog, but be warned you might end up Three Sheets To The Wind and if that happens you will be feeling Pooped before sailaway. So my advise is to Cut and Run otherwise you might feel Under The Weather and worst of all Keel Over before sailaway.

If that happens you might have to Batten Down The Hatches cos it might be Touch and Go to make it to dinner. :o:p:D

WOW~~ didnt know you were "nautical" Kate!:eek::eek:

This thread is great! My wife and I also have a soft spot for the Schooner Bar. We spent a lot of down time in the one on the old Viking Serenade on our honeymoon. When we took our next cruise 14 years later, we walked on board and almost immediately ended up in front of the Schooner Bar on the Majesty! We just stood there, smiled and walked in for a drink! We go there almost every day on every cruise now (we cruise with the kids now, but we still manage to steal away for a few moments in the evening for a drink in our favorite place).

Monarch's Schooner Bar was our embarkation tradition for a few years - we would unpack our bags and then head there around 3:00 for a couple of Heinekens before muster drill. Because so many people pass through on the way to shows or the Captain's reception, it's a great place for people watching and fashion cattiness.

We also like the Schooner Bars on the Radiance and Vision class. IMHO they ruined the Schooner Bar on the Voyager class and larger ships. Not that we don't still go, but we grumble about the lack of a good view of the ocean.

I only have one, and he never served in ANYONE'S Navy, but I can agree wholeheartedly!

But we love them anyway. Here's to all our proud sailors. I know the first place most of them would head for is the Schooner Bar. ;)

God Bless them, and all who sail upon the sea. Enjoy folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAlSXeo-sBY&feature=related

Sorry to have diverted from the subject, but I got carried away. :p:D:D

But we love them anyway. Here's to all our proud sailors. I know the first place most of them would head for is the Schooner Bar. ;)

God Bless them, and all who sail upon the sea. Enjoy folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAlSXeo-sBY&feature=related

Sorry to have diverted from the subject, but I got carried away. :p:D:D

Here's something to stay on topic:

Mine lives on the west coast.

He finally decided to try cruising - after all of my tales of my great cruises.

So, he starts to look at what's available.

Of course, Royal Caribbean has pulled out of the west coast.

He took a Princess cruise to the Mexican Riviera. Decided that Sis was right - cruising is great.

Decided that he wanted to go to Alaska right after that first cruise.

Back on Princess.

Now he is tied to Princess. :(

I know that he would like Royal more, but he is enjoying the convenience of driving to port and realizes that he is already accumulating perks on Princess.

:(

Here's something to stay on topic:

Mine lives on the west coast.

He finally decided to try cruising - after all of my tales of my great cruises.

So, he starts to look at what's available.

Of course, Royal Caribbean has pulled out of the west coast.

He took a Princess cruise to the Mexican Riviera. Decided that Sis was right - cruising is great.

Decided that he wanted to go to Alaska right after that first cruise.

Back on Princess.

Now he is tied to Princess. :(

I know that he would like Royal more, but he is enjoying the convenience of driving to port and realizes that he is already accumulating perks on Princess.

:(

OMG, I feel your frustration.:eek: I would be feeling the same. Its like when I talk to friends that get enthusiastic about cruising and I ask them what ship they sailed on or what line, and they have not got a clue. :eek:

We spent time every evening at the Schooner Bar on the Enchantment last February. Felt like "family" up there after late seating. Cesar played, entertained and we all sang along, danced and enjoyed the evening. Hope he's still there when we return next February ------ anyone else????

• 2 weeks later...

We also enjoy the Schooner Bar and I do believe that it is smoke free. We enjoy the trivia but do get tired of hearing the Piano Man play "The Piano Man"....HA! Those guys are so talented though.

Our FAVORITE plan is the Viking Lounge but it can be a bit cold during the day. The only negative is that it is NOT smoke free and the smoke always finds me........wherever I am!!!

Guess there is no PERFECT place but if one area gets bad you can always find another place, there are MANY!:)

Would love to know which pianist will be on Oasis on December 3rd... I know for Carnival you can get listings of their piano bar staff. Is there any such thing for RCCL?

About six weeks before your cruise, write to web_reservations@rccl.com

Mind the underscore between web & reservations.

Just ask who the entertainment will be on your cruise. You should have a reply within a week.

Great thread guys, loving it....keep the info coming.

We loved the Oasis Schooner Bar with Paul O'Shea and were there til all hours most nights. We haven't been on any other RCI ships yet tho, so nothing to compare it to right now.

We are going on Rhapsody in November so would love to see photos or hear comments re the schooner bar for those that have cruised on her!

Cheers

Amanda

• 1 month later...
Great thread guys, loving it....keep the info coming.

We loved the Oasis Schooner Bar with Paul O'Shea and were there til all hours most nights. We haven't been on any other RCI ships yet tho, so nothing to compare it to right now.

We are going on Rhapsody in November so would love to see photos or hear comments re the schooner bar for those that have cruised on her!

Cheers

Amanda

Did you happen to take any pictures of the Schooner Bar on Oasis?

Thanks!

The schooner bar holds a very special place in my heart. We were married on the Grandeur in the South Pacific lounge which is the lounge right behind the schooner bar. Our wedding guests all hung out in the schooner bar before our wedding. I walked through the Schooner bar to meet my husband at the end of the isle. And then after the wedding and pictures we went back to the Schooner bar to have a few drinks before dinner. I stayed in my gown all night!

Anyways we love the schooner bar so very much that we named our puppy after it.

Everyone: this is Schooner!!!

Schoonerinthebathroom.jpg

That is the cutest puppy ever!

Back to the Schooner Bar...our first cruise was on the Sovereign of the Seas in 1989. There were 10 family members sailing and our first get together was at the Schooner Bar. Needless to say...it is our favorite bar..first stop for our Bob Voyage drink.

Ah, the Schooner Bar...brings back memories of 2004, when we sailed the Voyager of the Seas. Barry from Boston was our Schooner Bar guy. Every night we would make the treck to listen to great tunes from the piano. Boy! Did he pack them in! One of the best entertainers in my book on RCCL. I hear he now plays a regular gig in Aruba at Sopranos. Barry: you are the greatest. Please come back!

Archived