? for FlyerTalker

Jinn

I posted a question on Miles and Points FlyerTalk forum asking if miles bought count toward AAdvantage 1 mil. Lifetime Gold status and one person answered saying they do. However, when I went to AA's buy miles bonus page, there in the small print I read " Miles purchased do not count towards elite status qualification." Does this apply to Lifetime gold or just the yearly Gold acquired by flying certain segments and miles in a period? Any expert opinions appreciated. I may be buying miles for FC cruise air. Thanks, Julia

I honestly do not know about lifetime status with AA. My gut feel would be "no".

Best answer that I can give is - contact AAdvantage directly. I'd rather have you do that and get some kind of definitive answer. Also, see if you can get an emailed reply that may help if you get into some bind down the road.

Paging OneWorld/AA types....!!

I posted a question on Miles and Points FlyerTalk forum asking if miles bought count toward AAdvantage 1 mil. Lifetime Gold status and one person answered saying they do. However, when I went to AA's buy miles bonus page, there in the small print I read " Miles purchased do not count towards elite status qualification." Does this apply to Lifetime gold or just the yearly Gold acquired by flying certain segments and miles in a period? Any expert opinions appreciated. I may be buying miles for FC cruise air. Thanks, Julia

Lifetime Gold-NOT yearly status qualification.

ALL miles count toward lifetime gold or plat-dining, shopping, purchased, credit card bonus miles, airline bonus miles, etc. etc.

Lifetime Gold-NOT yearly status qualification.

ALL miles count toward lifetime gold or plat-dining, shopping, purchased, credit card bonus miles, airline bonus miles, etc. etc.

I can confirm this. My account includes some purchased miles and as soon as my Lifetime miles hit 1 million, I got Lifetime Gold status.

Archived