Allure going to St kitts in Dec?

Just looking online, allure has a 9 day Eastern cruise with St Kitts added to the itinerary, sailing dec 25, im guessing as a new years cruise.

Why would they add st kitts only one day, are they planning adding this port for oasis class?

(I meant in the title

Just looking online, allure has a 9 day Eastern cruise with St Kitts added to the itinerary, sailing dec 25, im guessing as a new years cruise.

Why would they add st kitts only one day, are they planning adding this port for oasis class?

(I meant in the title

Apparently they wanted or needed to add another port to the 9 night itinerary and St. Kitts can accommodate a ship of that size. Whether or not they will sail there in the future would depend on a number of factors including how well this visit is received both by the passengers and by the islanders. I doubt that, for the foreseeable future, they intend to schedule many cruises on Allure that are longer than 7 days and I don't know how well St. Kitts would fit into a 7 day schedule out of Ft. Lauderdale, but it is encouraging to know that there are more ports accessible for Allure and Oasis besides the ones they currently visit.

Bill

On future 7 day itineraries, they can give up Nassau and call on St. Kitts instead.

That assumes that the travel distances between FLL and Nassau and between FLL and St. Kitts are similar enough that the fuel costs would not be higher and the port fees aren't significantly different. I am not sure that either is the case, but I could be wrong. :) Whether or not St. Kitts would be more of a draw than Nassau might also depend on the passenger mix and their previous travel experience.

Bill

They added the extra port due due to the longer cruise itinerary.

Ok, that part is understood, buts its not normal for the oasis class ships to go anywhere exept the 6 places thet normally go. Most ports cant handle the size of the ship etc. Its strange such a big ship, that island ports need to dredge out their port just to accomodate, would go to St Kitts, once....

Ok, that part is understood, buts its not normal for the oasis class ships to go anywhere exept the 6 places thet normally go. Most ports cant handle the size of the ship etc. Its strange such a big ship, that island ports need to dredge out their port just to accomodate, would go to St Kitts, once....

There is a very good chance that this port was already able to handle this ship which is why she is going there.

I think that St. Kitts' harbor is already able to accommodate Oasis or Allure and that there may be more ports that are currently capable of accepting ships of that size. There may also be others that would willingly incur the dredging costs so that they could host one of these ships. The biggest problem might be their distance from Ft. Lauderdale and the time and fuel that would be involved if they were included in a seven night itinerary. :)

Archived