Priority Disembarkation for Suites?

As usual, when confused, I turn to CC'rs for help. :)

Does any one know if suite passengers receive priority disembarkation in ports, other than those with tenders? We're thinking of a Europe sailing and would really appreciate a little extra time to sight see and explore. (...contrasted to our time in the Caribbean when we really don't care when, or even if, we get off the ship!:p) I didn't see this listed in the suite perks, so I called RCCL and was told that suite passengers do get priority disembarkation at all ports and that it was listed on the website. Since I couldn't find it in writing on the RCCL website or on these boards (sorry if I missed it -- I did try to search), I thought I would check it out with the experts on this Board. In case it varies by ship, we're looking at the Brilliance in the summer of 2012. A suite is quite a bit more expensive, so we're trying to determine if it is worth the extra money.

Thank you in advance to any and all who may have info about this. We truly appreciate everyone's opinions on the subject, especially any additional information about the Brilliance.

As usual, when confused, I turn to CC'rs for help. :)

Does any one know if suite passengers receive priority disembarkation in ports, other than those with tenders? We're thinking of a Europe sailing and would really appreciate a little extra time to sight see and explore. (...contrasted to our time in the Caribbean when we really don't care when, or even if, we get off the ship!:p) I didn't see this listed in the suite perks, so I called RCCL and was told that suite passengers do get priority disembarkation at all ports and that it was listed on the website. Since I couldn't find it in writing on the RCCL website or on these boards (sorry if I missed it -- I did try to search), I thought I would check it out with the experts on this Board. In case it varies by ship, we're looking at the Brilliance in the summer of 2012. A suite is quite a bit more expensive, so we're trying to determine if it is worth the extra money.

Thank you in advance to any and all who may have info about this. We truly appreciate everyone's opinions on the subject, especially any additional information about the Brilliance.

I've done a european cruise on Splendour and one on Voyager. What ever time u have set up for your shore excursion is when u get off the ship. If the ship docks a 7am; they will start letting people off about 8am. Those who have the earliest shore excursions will be let off first. If u are just going sightseeing on your own, then u can walk off the ship as soon as they open the gangway.

From the website page Enhanced Program for Suite Guests:

"Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast."

The * is Grand Suite and above. It probably depends on the departure port though.

From the website page Enhanced Program for Suite Guests:

"Priority departure with exclusive suite* departure lounge featuring continental breakfast."

The * is Grand Suite and above. It probably depends on the departure port though.

That is departure on the last morning. There is no suite priority debarkation for standard ports of call.

Many times I have seen people getting off before the announcement on the PA. I assume they hang out by the gang way, and as soon as they get the word the ship is cleared, the are able to get off the ship...

That'll get you in front of the BIG rush.. ( If the extra 5 min. or so s worth it.)

Aloha,

John

Archived