Buying liqour in the fun shops...

agc291

When on the Victory, if you bought any bottles on board they kept it until the end of your cruise... a friend of ours was on the fantasy to the bahamas last year and said that when you bought it in the fun shop you got it right then to drink on the ship... is this correct? is it just depending on the CD or whomever is working in the shop or is he incorrect( he didnt buy any, he just saw ppl buying it and taking it with them).

When on the Victory, if you bought any bottles on board they kept it until the end of your cruise... a friend of ours was on the fantasy to the bahamas last year and said that when you bought it in the fun shop you got it right then to drink on the ship... is this correct? is it just depending on the CD or whomever is working in the shop or is he incorrect( he didnt buy any, he just saw ppl buying it and taking it with them).

Not...You can though before cruising order through Bon Voyage department a bottle for your cabin...

Your friend is BS'ing you...

Oops PS: On the last night of a cruise they do let you take it back to your cabin...

I just go off the Glory 2 weeks ago. I went to pick up a bottle on the last night of the cruise. I was told if I purchased it in half an hour I can take it with me, it was about 8pm when I went to the shop.

This is the only time I was able to take the purchase with me. It is always the case if you purchase it earlier in the cruise it is delivered to your cabin on the last night of the cruise.

On Carnival you cannot buy liquor and take it to your room except the last night. On Princess, out of Puerto Rico, after you get scanned and checked in, there is a liquor stor that you can buy booze before you board. It was a busy store the time we were there.:)

Just to clarify he said he was in the fun shop on board the ship during the cruise, not in the port or the area after you are checking in to the port. I'm not sure what he saw but he said he was in the shop and they bought it and bagged it during the cruise. We ordered through bon voyage so i knew you could do that i just wasn't sure about what he said. good to clarify before our next cruise so i didn't wait and not order pre cruise. thanks!

Archived