X Eclipse - Heli pad area used by passengers?

frogsgirl

Anyone know if the heli pad area on X Eclipse can be used for watching the world go by?

On Independence of the Seas there were benches in this area and we were able to sit on that part of the ship every day relaxing and watching the dolphins and whale spouts...wonderful memories:)

I'm hoping to do the same again next year on X Eclipse but can't be sure from the research I have done so far, can you advise me?

Thanks

Anyone know if the heli pad area on X Eclipse can be used for watching the world go by?

On Independence of the Seas there were benches in this area and we were able to sit on that part of the ship every day relaxing and watching the dolphins and whale spouts...wonderful memories:)

I'm hoping to do the same again next year on X Eclipse but can't be sure from the research I have done so far, can you advise me?

Thanks

Hi,

As far as I am aware there is no public access to the heli pad area.

Jim

The helipad area on Celebrity ships is not open to cruise passengers. Exceptions are sometimes made when the ship sails into unusually scenic areas for major viewing events such as a panama canal crossing (although the S class ships won't be doing this) or glacier viewing. If there is such an event it will be announced on the ship or you can ask about this at guest relations. I don't recall if the area was open for our sail into Venice but that might be a possibility to check out if your itinerary stops there.

The helipad area on Celebrity ships is not open to cruise passengers. Exceptions are sometimes made when the ship sails into unusually scenic areas for major viewing events such as a panama canal crossing (although the S class ships won't be doing this) or glacier viewing. If there is such an event it will be announced on the ship or you can ask about this at guest relations. I don't recall if the area was open for our sail into Venice but that might be a possibility to check out if your itinerary stops there.

With a heavy heart I thank you for the information.....oh well I shall have to look around for a "spot" that ticks the boxes.

With a heavy heart I thank you for the information.....oh well I shall have to look around for a "spot" that ticks the boxes.

Yea, it's a bummer about that ship class. Not only can you not get up to the heli-pad, but the promenade doesn't go all the way around either. And what little you can walk, the view is mostly blocked by the lifeboats.

No experience with an S-class helipad, but on M-class once leaving Bermuda the Select and Elite Captain's Club members were invited to the helipad to watch sailaway. Access was through a hatch of sorts, not a proper door, so if you were mobility-challenged it wasn't possible to get there. They made if quite festive, with complimentary "Dark and Stormy" drinks -- the national drink of Bermuda.

Don't have a "heavy heart" or feel that this is a "bummer".

The S class ships have lots of wonderful spots to relax and view the world although they are mostly on the upper decks. My favorite is the view from the rear while relaxing at the aft bar behind the buffet and this area is exceptionally nice on the S class ships. There is also nice forward viewing area in front of the gym on the resort deck you should check out - enter through the gym itself. And the lounges on the Solstice deck are something special.

The helipad on Equinox was opened to elites last year as we sailed out of Honduras and we were joined on deck by some of the officers, it was a lovely afternoon event

We also sailed in Alaska on Infinity where the Captain was a stickler for Health and Safety and did not open the helideck for viewing, We were told there was only one captain who took that stance all are entitled to - trust us, we had our cruise of a lifetime with him

When we were on the Equinox last year, we were part of a group (CME at Sea) and we were given special permission to use the HeliPad area for the sail in to Venice. It was awesome - but our group leaders did say that they had to get the OK from Celebrity HQ in Miami or wherever....

Archived