When to cruise out of New Orleans

CarolRoy

Looking to book a cruise from New Orleans. Would like to stay in NO for a few days before the cruise. Not sure when to book. Looking at January - June 2012. Mostly concerned about the heat and humidity in NO. Weather wise, when is it most comfortable in NO? Also I am trying to avoid Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras.

Looking to book a cruise from New Orleans. Would like to stay in NO for a few days before the cruise. Not sure when to book. Looking at January - June 2012. Mostly concerned about the heat and humidity in NO. Weather wise, when is it most comfortable in NO? Also I am trying to avoid Fat Tuesday and Mardi Gras.

The best weather in New Orleans is always April and October. Next best is usually March and November.

The best weather in New Orleans is always April and October. Next best is usually March and November.

Easter 2012 is April 8, so you might want to avoid the first week in April as there could be more tourists around at that time and rooms, etc. will be more expensive.

I would not worry about Easter week, but I would skip the weekend before Mardi Gras which is February 21. It is difficult to get a hotel room and many hotels want 3 night minimums.

Keep in mind that New Orleans hosts lots of events - like the Sugar Bowl, BCS Championship, NCAA Final 4, French Quarter Fest, Jazz Fest, etc. You cannot work your cruise around every event that takes place here. I would not hesitate to come during these other times.

Archived