stores are in Southport sc & Southharbor Plaza?

Familygoboston

Wondering if anyone who lives locally or visited this area of Ft Lauderdale recently knows what stores are in these shopping centers?

We are staying w/in walking distance pre cruise and would like to buy cheap lounge chairs and sun lotion ( beach stores, target, drugstores?)

Also any ideas about the safety of walking in those areas?

TIA!

Wondering if anyone who lives locally or visited this area of Ft Lauderdale recently knows what stores are in these shopping centers?

We are staying w/in walking distance pre cruise and would like to buy cheap lounge chairs and sun lotion ( beach stores, target, drugstores?)

Also any ideas about the safety of walking in those areas?

TIA!

The Publix carries all that as does the Walgreens right down the street.

You can buy ANYTHING on 17th Street.

no target, but as blue herons said there is a publix in the harbor shops, a walgreens, CVS, and lots of other shops...

in southport i think there is a Marshalls (that is generally full of crew!! LOL)..but again, the Publix grocery store is HUGE, and the walgreens and CVS are well stocked ( i think prices are better at CVS..)

it is also a safe area to walk around...lots of hotels, restaurants., shops and tourists...

Thanks to both of you for the good info!! I did a forum search and a google search, but couldn't find what stores where there. This way I can plan to carry bags on the plane and stock up on the toiletries that are bigger than 3 ounces. I use gallons of sunscreen in a week:rolleyes:

I might also have to get SOMETHING on 17 th street;). LOL!

no target, but as blue herons said there is a publix in the harbor shops, a walgreens, CVS, and lots of other shops...

in southport i think there is a Marshalls (that is generally full of crew!! LOL)..but again, the Publix grocery store is HUGE, and the walgreens and CVS are well stocked ( i think prices are better at CVS..)

It's actually a Ross Dress for Less not Marshall's, but same-difference.

In Southport there is Office Depot, Dollar Tree, and Ross. In South Harbor there is Radio Shack and a couple of eyeglass stores. Behind South Harbor is Harbor Shops where you will find Total Wine, Publix, and a gift boutique. A few blocks west is CVS. A few blocks east is Walgreens.

Would anyone know who carries small tins of Mott's Clamato Juice? I'm pretty sure I bought them before in Ft. Lauderdale but don't remember where. It doesn't necessarily have to be Mott's; any brand will do, as long as it's Clamato juice. I'd rather not have bring from home in my checked luggage. Also, how much would a cab cost from the Renaissance to Casablance Cafe across from the beach?

In Southport there is Office Depot, Dollar Tree, and Ross. In South Harbor there is Radio Shack and a couple of eyeglass stores. Behind South Harbor is Harbor Shops where you will find Total Wine, Publix, and a gift boutique. A few blocks west is CVS. A few blocks east is Walgreens.

Would anyone know who carries small tins of Mott's Clamato Juice? I'm pretty sure I bought them before in Ft. Lauderdale but don't remember where. It doesn't necessarily have to be Mott's; any brand will do, as long as it's Clamato juice. I'd rather not have bring from home in my checked luggage. Also, how much would a cab cost from the Renaissance to Casablance Cafe across from the beach?

A cab to Casablanca would cost about $12 but could be more if the bridge is up. For about the same roundtrip price for two you could take a water taxi from under the bridge to Seville St. The restaurant doesn't take reservations and often have an hour wait because it is one of the best restaurants in the area. We just put our names in and tell them that we are going for a walk.

I'm not sure about the Clamato cans but Publix has a great selection of foods and most likely has it.

Yes, they carry it because I've bought it plenty of times. Can't make the perfect Bloody Mary without Clamato!

Archived