Where is a good packing list?

Kitty34

There are many good packing lists out there, just be sure to adjust them for yourself. I know that calgon has one that is QUITE comprehensive.

I have taken from a lot of lists and compiled my own.

Hints: you only need about 4 shorts/ tank tops/ shirts for a 7 day cruise. 2 swim suits, 2-3 pair capris and tops for casual dinners, 1-2 formal outfits, one good casual for dinner.

The rest of the stuff is just that: stuff. I do pack a lot of it, though, and still only have one carry-on suitcase, beach bag, and check-on suitcase. I do bring my pillow, too. We do have another suitcase for our pop and snorkel gear, but most don't need these.

I put dry cleaner bags around our hanging articles and put them in the suitcase w/ hangars. When we unpack, they go straight in the closet and have no wrinkles!

We cross pack. 1/2 my stuff and 1/2 DHs stuff in each suitcase, just in case one of them doesn't make it.

In carry-on, I always take swimsuit for each of us, one casual outfit, one shorts outfit and we take a garment bag w/ our formal outfits, again, just in case suitcases don't make it to the ship.

Hope this helps.

Michelle

It's easy to over pack, be careful!

My SO and I went on a cruise and were gone 2 weeks and I packed enough clothes to change 4 times a day, in addition to that I packed a blow dryer, makeup, curling irons, snorkel equipment, alarm clock and many other things that the list recommended. It's way too much stuff to pack, tip of advice... Pack light so you'll have room in your luggage for all your purchases. One thing I do recommend you bring is plenty of money and duct tape, i thought I wouldn't need duct tape, but my brand new luggage was ruined and I didn't have any at all.

Guest enjoycruises

A good tip on packing clothing would be take pieces that mix and match. I also bring shoes that can be worn in the evening that matches day clothes.This does save room and makes it easier to carry all the bags.

Go to http://www.cruises.about.com and click on "cruise travel packing list" on the left. After this page, make sure you click on "women's and men's packing lists" on the bottom to get to page 2 - the actual clothes!

This is a very complete list - you can edit it for what you don't need, and add things you do.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

here is my list...

1/2 as many clothes and twice as much money!!!

LOL.

I got by with 1 pair jeans, 2 pair khakis, a couple knit pants outfits-they are like t-shirt material. I buy them at a craft show....they have cute little hand painted designs.

7 shorts sets, 2 or 3 swinsuits. I took only 1 formal dress...short black cocktail. I missed the first formal night....otherwise I would have recycled. (Sorry....I forgot to pack 2!)

Lite jacket. 1 pair sandals, 1 pair beige keds, 1 pair dressy shoes. 4 or 5 extra tops that went with jeans or khakis. Lots of undies! A coverup and that's about it. Oh, and 2 nightgowns/jammies.

Plus our usual carryon with all sorts of pharmaceuticals. No over the shoe door thing....no power stirp. No curling iron or hairdryer.

Wee took a big rolling duffel and a wheeled suitcase. I think that's it. Multiply times 2 for my mom and that was all.

Came home with clean clothes

Oh...DEFINITELY pack half of your stuff with half of your traveling companions stuff. We also stuck an outfit each (actually I think it was just a clean top, undies and a nightie) in the carryon. Once we got to San Juan we packed that since I figured RCCL would do a better jub with bags than the airline!!!

Cruise Diva dot com has a great packing list. I like the way she plans her list day by day, so you can see ways to mix and match, avoiding overpacking.

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for posting the info on ***************. It is perfect!!!

I will be posting this one on my fridge for my packing adeventure...:p

Michelle

I am 12 and have been on 13 cruises and since I have recently started packing my own stuff I have found that Calgon's Ultimate Packing List is GREAT. It has list for both adults and teens in both warm and cold climates.

Check it out !!

Katie :)

• 2 weeks later...

kitty,

Go to your favorite search engine and type in "packing list for a cruise". YOu will find several and you will come up with your own list from that. Some lists have much more than the average person would need to cruise for a month! But they do help. I have yet to use the duct tape, but I still take it. I appreciate all the lists out there.

-Jo

Archived