Is a Jacket needed for semi-formal night for men?

Rascal1

As has been said what you have described is perfectly ok. When we were on Aurora last year I found her very dressy. I ended up wearing what I would have classed as semi formal tye wear most of time in the evenings. It was just before Christmas though and I had taken lots of clothes so wasn't a problem. Rather than dresses v trousers etc I think it's more the fabric itself.

Thanks, but now I am really in a panic! I don't normally wear dresses at all but have bought one nice black dress for formal evenings together with another outfit of black evening trousers and sparkly top with jacket. I will take a couple of pairs of smart trousers and nice tops for semi-formal evenings and hope for the best, but I do wonder whether I shall also feel under-dressed. We don't normally do dressing up at all. :eek:

Sorry Essexlass, don't want you to panic because I'm sure you'll have a great cruise! I was only trying to say that ladies get dressed up more formally on P&O than other lines and I agree with what The English lady says. However, what you're suggesting will be fine and the main thing is you feel comfortable.. and I'm sure it won't be crimpelene!! :D

Hello All,

It's also our first cruise, I was very worried when I started reading the forums about the level of dressy nights.

So, I have decided that I am taking a black suit, with a dress shirt and straight black tie, for the formal nights. This suit can then double up if need be. I'm also taking a nice dark grey suit for semi formal nice along with a black linen jacket and dare I say it, a pair of dark tailored indigo jeans!

My mum and best friend have had a good think about what they are taking, and from what I've heard from them both, they are doing exactly what you ladies are doing.

I think above all as long as people look presentable, and NOT uncomfortable, thats the main thing!!

Thanks,

Ben

Archived