Aft Junior Suite 1706 on Freedom - yes or no?

I have an opportunity to book this cabin for my upcoming cruise in October. I am looking for first hand experiences with this or a similar JS cabin on any Freedom class ship.

I have seen some pics on webshots and the cabin looks a bit larger than a side JS, and I can see the balcony is huge!

My previous aft cabins include 1100 on the Radiance (fave cabin of all time!) and 1694 on the AOS.....never done aft on Freedom class.

What do you think? Should I go for it?? :rolleyes:

I have an opportunity to book this cabin for my upcoming cruise in October. I am looking for first hand experiences with this or a similar JS cabin on any Freedom class ship.

I have seen some pics on webshots and the cabin looks a bit larger than a side JS, and I can see the balcony is huge!

My previous aft cabins include 1100 on the Radiance (fave cabin of all time!) and 1694 on the AOS.....never done aft on Freedom class.

Hello again Robyn, I would most definitely go for it. Balcony is very big. I would think it compares to the VY class and Kathy and I had 1688 on the VY which was huge cabin. This looks even bigger.

Read this thread, Robyn: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1449755

YES YES and YES , we had 1406 JS on Liberty , you have chosen a lovely stateroom in a great position , a short walk to the stairs and elavators takes you one deck up to the Windjammer and the pool area . We heard no noise from either in our stateroom in the evenings , had a lovely view from our balcony , you have definately chosen well :)

Yes , I am on that sailing too with my family. I have 1700 on the aft corner.

Fantastic! I can see from your signature that your cabin of choice is definitely aft :)

See you onboard!!!!

• 4 months later...

I actually should have come back here to let ya'll know how I felt about JS 1706 on the Freedom :rolleyes:

Well.....where to start? I know for sure I am not an aft person unless it is on a Radiance class ship. Did the superstructure get in the way of the view? In a word yes. Sure you can still see the ocean, but you have to look "out" to see it, and it seemed so much further away compared to a side JS balcony. The balcony itself is huge, there is no question about it. You can easily fit 15-20 people out there. There were 2 chairs, a small table and 2 loungers. There is NO air flow on the aft, so no breeze when the balcony door is open :( The cabin itself seemed a touch longer than your average JS, but not wider. The walk in closet is half the size of a side JS. Bottom line is that it is doubtful I would book the aft again - in fact 1706 is available for my February Freedom sailing and I am not booking it :o

If you cherish a big balcony and the privacy of the aft -then you should try it. I didn't dislike the cabin, I am just not an aft cruiser :)

I actually should have come back here to let ya'll know how I felt about JS 1706 on the Freedom :rolleyes:

Well.....where to start? I know for sure I am not an aft person unless it is on a Radiance class ship. Did the superstructure get in the way of the view? In a word yes. Sure you can still see the ocean, but you have to look "out" to see it, and it seemed so much further away compared to a side JS balcony. The balcony itself is huge, there is no question about it. You can easily fit 15-20 people out there. There were 2 chairs, a small table and 2 loungers. There is NO air flow on the aft, so no breeze when the balcony door is open :( The cabin itself seemed a touch longer than your average JS, but not wider. The walk in closet is half the size of a side JS. Bottom line is that it is doubtful I would book the aft again - in fact 1706 is available for my February Freedom sailing and I am not booking it :o

If you cherish a big balcony and the privacy of the aft -then you should try it. I didn't dislike the cabin, I am just not an aft cruiser :)

WOW....Is the closet really half the size as a normal JS? We have JS 1394 booked for a family of 4 on the Explorer of the Seas and now you have me second guessing if there will be enough storage?? Maybe I should consider a JS on deck 9 close to the hump.....any suggestions from anyone who has stayed in both of these types of JS??

Thanks

WOW....Is the closet really half the size as a normal JS? We have JS 1394 booked for a family of 4 on the Explorer of the Seas and now you have me second guessing if there will be enough storage?? Maybe I should consider a JS on deck 9 close to the hump.....any suggestions from anyone who has stayed in both of these types of JS??

Thanks

Hmmmm.....:rolleyes:

I had JS 1694 on the AOS (same as EOS) and I believe it was a full walk in closet, although don't quote me as I don't remember with 100% certainty. I think it may only be the Freedom class with the small walk in JS closets?

Archived