Cabanas and Cabana Club

martess

It has been a long time since my wife and I have been on Holland. I briefly saw a post about a cabana rental program and a club. Does anyone have any experience with this. Are they poolside? Is it something fun? Or is it a waste in your opinion? Does anyone know the prices? Any details would be appreciated. We are looking at the Eurodam.

Thanks

There are two areas with cabanas on the E-dam. There's several cabanas along the port side of the Lido pool area. They are in a high-traffic area, so do not have a great deal of privacy. The others are in the Retreat area two decks higher. They are quite private, as the only passengers allowed in the area are those who have rented a cabana.

Both areas of cabana have stewards assigned, so there is service for whatever you might like to have. The Retreat cabanas cost more than the Lido ones do. They are rented for the length of the cruise. If there are any not rented, they can be rented by the day.

hi,

i booked a poolside cabana on the eurodam for this nov. the price

is $199 for 7 days. the retreat cabana 2 decks above is $299 but

larger i understand. i haven't heard anything negative about them.

call ship services for more info 800-541-1576. you're served fruits,

a glass of champagne, ice cream & more i don't recall right now.

there are pictures on these boards,just search.hope this helps.

cinnamon123:)

If you book the Retreat Cabana on deck 11, you will not be near the pool. You would have to go down 2 sets of stairs if you wanted to use the pool.

They are however, very quiet and private. There is quite a large area in the middle of the cabanas with large loungers, tables and chairs. These are for the exclusive use for those who have rented the cabanas.

Each of the cabanas has 2 cushioned loungers and a small table with 2 chairs. You will get very personal service by 2 cabana stewards who will be happy to get you anything you might want.

There is a lunch menu that you can order from, but we generally go down to the lido and eat lunch there. While you are in the cabana the stewards will bring you bottled water on ice, an iced Evian brumister(sp) and every afternoon you will get chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling wine.

If you like having some quiet, personal time then these are a nice addition to your cruise. We booked the cabana on Nieuw Amsterdam on our last cruise and will again on our next one.

But you will also hear people say that it is a waste of money, so you have to know what you are looking for in your on-board experience.

Thanks for the info. The wife and I are pretty social and like to be somewhat in the mix so I am leaning towards the lido. We also like to get in and out of pool and meet people etc, but would like a little retreat. Anyone have any negatives that have used the lido cabanas? Are they poorly located, or close to pool entry? Good air flow? Were you happy with it.

I dont think being 2 decks away from the pool would be good for us

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the info. The wife and I are pretty social and like to be somewhat in the mix so I am leaning towards the lido. We also like to get in and out of pool and meet people etc, but would like a little retreat. Anyone have any negatives that have used the lido cabanas? Are they poorly located, or close to pool entry? Good air flow? Were you happy with it.

I dont think being 2 decks away from the pool would be good for us

There is not a lot of air flow through unless you are assigned one near the end. You will constantly have people going by your cabana.

Lido Cabana:

0971.JPG

I don't know if HAL has raised the prices or not -- this is a list of them that I got a couple of years ago (I have noticed that in the last month HAL has raised prices on several things):

Lido Cabanas

Rental Period: Full day, 09:00am to 05:00pm

Price: $30 for port days and $50 for sea days, $199 for our 7 day cruise.

Occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children up to 18 years

Includes following services:

Towel Setup

Bathrobes

Handheld fans

I-Pod with preloaded music selection

Discount on selected spa services for days in port only

1 Evian Mister per cabana

Chilled water bottles setup

Chilled fruit skewers served at 10:00 am

Fruit Basket

Small menu for lunch service: we will serve poolside favorites in the cabanas as requested from either the Lido and the pool grill during regular opening hours

Ice-cream tray silver service at 02:00 pm: tray with assortment of ice-cream and favorite condiments

Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of house champagne at 03:00 pm

The Retreat Cabanas

Rental Period: Full day, 09:00am to 05:00pm

Price: $45 for port days and $75 for sea days, $299 for our 7 day cruise.

Occupancy: 2 adults + 2 children up to 18 years

Includes following services:

Towel Setup

Bathrobes

Handheld fans - in case no ceiling fans will be installed

I-Pod with preloaded music selection

Discount on selected spa services for days in port only

1 Evian Mister per cabana

Chilled water bottles setup

Frozen grapes, chocolate covered strawberries and a glass of champagne at 03:00pm

Food service Island with following offerings: all food items will be served in small glass or porcelain cups. Healthy breakfast options like yogurts, cereal and muesli, fresh sliced fruit, a variety of "healthy bites" sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit juices and yogurt/buttermilk drinks at lunch and afternoon

FAMILY RETREAT Cabana - FOR 4 ADULTS with 4 loungers

$65 port days, $115 sea days

up to 7 days - $449

up to 10 days $599

up to 15 days $799

up to 20 days $899

more than 20 days $59/day

this info is great since Ive been thinking about booking a inside room and a cabana--i find the balcony rooms very lonely---thks

That is exactly what we will be doing on our upcoming cruise on the Eurodam. Booked a large inside J category on the main deck, and reserved the Retreat Cabana for the week.

We were on the NA in March and had a deluxe veranda cabin plus rented the Retreat Cabana (the Cabana Club on NA). We didn't know how much we would use it (especially since we had a balcony to hang out on)---but we ended up spending a lot of time there. We were there every day. It was so peaceful, just hung out enjoying the gorgeous view from high up on the ship (11th deck) and chatted, ate breakfast or lunch, took naps, did the daily crossword from the New York Times (picked them up in the Crows Nest which is right next door), read, ate chocolate covered strawberries and drank complimentary sparkling wine in the afternoons. The service from the attendants was excellent--they were always there when we needed them, yet still unobtrusive. They provided bottle water, towels and fresh fruit everyday, and would get us lunch or breakfast and any adult beverage (we paid for them) we requested. Plus, the pool is a short distance away!

For our family, it is a fantastic way to enjoy our cruise!

this info is great since Ive been thinking about booking a inside room and a cabana--i find the balcony rooms very lonely---thks

You will find yourself spending very little time in your cabin except to sleep.:D:D:D

We had large inside J cabins on our last cruise on the Eurodam (Baltic). We rented a family cabana since there were 6 adults and 2 small children. We were the only ones who rented a cabana for the whole cruise. There were a couple of other cabanas rented for a day or two.

We enjoyed the cabana, but there were days, particularly when we were at sea, that the cabana was windy and chilly. Our cruise was the last week of May. One day the outdoor decks were closed off because of high seas, so we didn't have use of it. However, the steward was nice enough to check to see if there was a Lido cabana unreserved and there was. So we got to use that for part of the day.

We all thought that the combination of the large inside cabins and the cabana was a good choice. It was much less expensive than a balcony cabin and we had our own space to enjoy the outdoors.

Note, however, that they are not available in the evenings. If you enjoy sitting outside after dinner a veranda might be a better choice. For the weather we had, we wouldn't have been on a balcony in the evenings either.

We had large inside J cabins on our last cruise on the Eurodam (Baltic). We rented a family cabana since there were 6 adults and 2 small children. We were the only ones who rented a cabana for the whole cruise. There were a couple of other cabanas rented for a day or two.

We enjoyed the cabana, but there were days, particularly when we were at sea, that the cabana was windy and chilly. Our cruise was the last week of May. One day the outdoor decks were closed off because of high seas, so we didn't have use of it. However, the steward was nice enough to check to see if there was a Lido cabana unreserved and there was. So we got to use that for part of the day.

We all thought that the combination of the large inside cabins and the cabana was a good choice. It was much less expensive than a balcony cabin and we had our own space to enjoy the outdoors.

Note, however, that they are not available in the evenings. If you enjoy sitting outside after dinner a veranda might be a better choice. For the weather we had, we wouldn't have been on a balcony in the evenings either.

For cruises with variable/chilly/rainy/windy weather we suggest a Lido cabana by the pool under the retractable roof.

I wish they were available in the evenings. On Celebrity they are.

Edited by surfergirle

It has been a long time since my wife and I have been on Holland. I briefly saw a post about a cabana rental program and a club. Does anyone have any experience with this. Are they poolside? Is it something fun? Or is it a waste in your opinion? Does anyone know the prices? Any details would be appreciated. We are looking at the Eurodam.

Thanks

We love both cabanas.

To be honest, for our cruises we now rent one of each. For us, we call it "cabana insurance"... For the days when the weather might be bad, or we want to use the pool we do the Lido cabana under the retractable roof. On the sunny great weather days we use the Retreat. We started doing this after 2 cruises when the Retreat was closed and locked up because they were unsafe due to bad weather. We do this because we have a very small amount of vacation days, so we have to make every day count. With the retractable roof, you always have a nice place.

They are the best money we ever spend. Best service. We would not cruise a ship without them unless it was the Elegant Explorer, Ms. Prinsendam. :) (Our dream ship)...

Edited by surfergirle

• 3 months later...
Will the cabanas typically sell out prior to sailing? I'm considering the retreat cabana.

I decided to get one for the second week of my cruise on the N.A. that just debarked on Dec.2. I bugged the front desk repeatedly to be able to get one. Finally on the Saturday before the Sunnday sailing they graced me with one. If possible you might want to book it before you go to avoid a hassle. This is the first time I've had one but it won't be the last. I LOVED it!

I tried to get one for an upcoming cruise and they were sold out. But I was told by ship services that they hold two for daily rental purposes. Honestly not sure if I believe that.

But I will be sure to check at the Neptune Lounge as soon as I get on board. Fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...

We have reserved a retreat cabana for our upcoming Eurodam cruise in March. My question to those of you who have had them before: will they give you as many bottles of water as you would like each day or is there a limit? ( I' m talking like maybe 4 each day for 2 people.)

I ask this because we usually bring a 12 pack of bottled water on board with us to drink in our cabin and on excursions throughout the week. But, if we could get 1 or 2 bottles extra per day in our cabana, we could just take them back to the cabin and use those instead of lugging a 12 pack onboard the first day.

We have reserved a retreat cabana for our upcoming Eurodam cruise in March. My question to those of you who have had them before: will they give you as many bottles of water as you would like each day or is there a limit? ( I' m talking like maybe 4 each day for 2 people.)

I ask this because we usually bring a 12 pack of bottled water on board with us to drink in our cabin and on excursions throughout the week. But, if we could get 1 or 2 bottles extra per day in our cabana, we could just take them back to the cabin and use those instead of lugging a 12 pack onboard the first day.

I want to say no but I'm not 100% sure. I drink water like there is no tomorrow. Many times I went thru the 2 large bottles myself. They never offered to bring more but I never asked either. I'd hate for you to be disappointed.

We have never asked for any extra, but I do know that if you have an open bottle in your ice bucket, they don't mind if you want to take it to your cabin. Just be aware that they are large bottles, not sure if it's 1 litre of larger.