What feature of a ship would you change?

hitmann327

The Jewel

On level 13 and directly above the Pools when facing either port side or starboard I would remove the glass and put railings so when I am enjoying the sun I can stand up enjoy the view of the ocean without having to look through glass.

The Jewel

On level 13 and directly above the Pools when facing either port side or starboard I would remove the glass and put railings so when I am enjoying the sun I can stand up enjoy the view of the ocean without having to look through glass.

I agree with you. It is the same on the Star. I am a short person, so I often get that glass in my way.

I would also change the noise of the toilet flush! It is SO loud. I realize it's part of a vacuum system and probably can't be changed but it's loud, especially in the middle of the night. As one on-board comedian said, "I didn't want to send it into outer space...I just wanted to get rid of it!"

To easy to jump ship without the glass. Lotta kids on deck 12. Methinks it's more about safety.

Yeah, but there are other ways than glass that they could keep the kiddies back: Barbed wire? Razor wire? Electrified wire? A line of bear traps on the deck right near the railing? Or, if the kiddies are still intent upon jumping ship, a nice sturdy leash would allow parents the option of hauling them back aboard.

Glad to help.

InThe

Yeah, but there are other ways than glass that they could keep the kiddies back: Barbed wire? Razor wire? Electrified wire? A line of bear traps on the deck right near the railing? Or, if the kiddies are still intent upon jumping ship, a nice sturdy leash would allow parents the option of hauling them back aboard.

Glad to help.

InThe

nah, it is to keep people from gently nudging the chair hogs over the railing...

I would move the jogging track from the lido deck to its own deck or deck 7. It was hard to stand by the railing and look at the scenery when ppl are running past you or you have to squeeze up next to the railing so they can pass.

Passageways around the dead ends caused by atriums and dining rooms. Oh, they torque me........

Oh yeah. The "go up one flight of stairs, walk across, then down a flight of stairs" just to get somewhere always irks me too. Not that I don't need the exercise, and I understand why they need to do it. It just seems so illogical to the way my brain works.

Plus, I have enough trouble getting my bearings set when I first get onboard, and it's easy to get myself all turned around and walking in circles for the first couple of days. Those areas certainly don't help because I get halfway there and then can't remember which point I'm at in the journey, especially if I stop for a moment and get turned around for any kind of reason (i.e. "ooooooh, look at that!....uhhhh, okay...now, which way was I going?...where am I?")

I know the space is for the kitchen/storage/whatever, but you'd think they could somehow manage to put a simple hallway thru areas like that, or even a promenade type walkway around it.

What feature of a ship would you change? The Jewel

While I understand your desire to not look through the glass, that glass does more than act as a handrail. It also blocks the wind. Without the glass, and the ship moving at 20 knots, there will be a very strong wind blowing everything near you, if not you yourself, overboard. I'd rather have the glass.

Midship elevators for the Epic. Really hard for handicapped access, especially to the dining room on 5 from the aft cabins. One has to travel the entire length of the ship to be able to get an elevator and then come back half way if you cannot use the escalator. I was on a temporary knee scooter and became much more aware of what some folks have to deal with all the time.

The Jewel

but then it will be really windy!!

Thank you all for the responses

As for the comments for it would then be too windy. I have been on the Carnival Miracle and the Legend and in the same spot and they have railings. Yes it is a little windy but not bad.

Passageways around the dead ends caused by atriums and dining rooms. Oh, they torque me........

I couldn't agree more. This was one of the very few things I didn't enjoy about the Jewel (along with the very loud toilet flushes).

While I understand your desire to not look through the glass, that glass does more than act as a handrail. It also blocks the wind. Without the glass, and the ship moving at 20 knots, there will be a very strong wind blowing everything near you, if not you yourself, overboard. I'd rather have the glass.

I do understand all of that. Just wishful thinking that we wouldn't have to look at the glass. And I'm speaking of the glass above the handrail.

Archived