Sister companies, past cruises credits etc

Blondie008

I was just thinking, although its been a few years, we have cruised with sister company P&O cruises a few times...do credits, or accreditation to their rewards programme, count towards status on a Carnival Cruise? Doesnt really bother me (other than getting SOMETHING out of suffering P&O), but just wondered if it had any relevance?

I recall reading somewhere-- a while back-- that if you sailed on any of Carnival Corp.'s lines, you qualified for the past guest rate on any other line. But I think that is the only perk, if it's still a perk at all.

I think the short answer is "not so much".

It would be smart of the non-sister cruise lines to offer matching status like the airlines will sometimes do. RCCL should offer platinum (or diamond really) to CCL platinum cruises. It would be really smart to try to steal milestone cruisers by offering the RCCL perks.

And of course, CCL would actually have to have something to offer in a past guest program to steal pax from RCCL. :D

hi im from OZ and have done a couple of P&O cruises here and when i rang carnival to book our cruise from florida to the caribean they didnt offer any discounts for P&O past cruisers, that said once i found out the carnival spirit is coming to OZ i rang carnival australia and stated i am now a carnival guest but they said they dont accept past carnival guest for discounts only past P&O guest, go figure hey.

Archived