Private tours on Oahu

west coast cruiser

We did a North Shore Tour with Paradise . It was a full day-we had only about 16 people with us and we saw some really nice sights-turtle bay, the valley of the temples, interesting beaches. It was a great day!

We used Roberts Hawaii. There was 18 of us however and we were able to get a driver and small bus for the whole day and it ended up being only about $50 a person. Although we had planned Pearl Harbor and the Dole Plantation as part of the day and the driver knew this, he told us that he was at our disposal until the time we had contracted for came to an end and would take us anywhere we wanted to go. We got a great city tour as a result.

They can also handle smaller groups as they have vans too.

http://www.robertshawaii.com or http://www.gorabbitgo.com

Roberts also has tours on the other islands that are the same tours as the ships offer for about half the price. (and a guarantee that you won't miss the ship's sailing time.)

Could I please get the web site or information about this tour company? I dont suppose you took this tour on disembarking the ship prior to flying home? I have been trying to find some tour operator that does this sort of tour.

thanks

Lori

We did a North Shore Tour with Paradise . It was a full day-we had only about 16 people with us and we saw some really nice sights-turtle bay, the valley of the temples, interesting beaches. It was a great day!

We used Roberts Hawaii. There was 18 of us however and we were able to get a driver and small bus for the whole day and it ended up being only about $50 a person. Although we had planned Pearl Harbor and the Dole Plantation as part of the day and the driver knew this, he told us that he was at our disposal until the time we had contracted for came to an end and would take us anywhere we wanted to go. We got a great city tour as a result.

They can also handle smaller groups as they have vans too.

www.robertshawaii.com or www.gorabbitgo.com

Roberts also has tours on the other islands that are the same tours as the ships offer for about half the price. (and a guarantee that you won't miss the ship's sailing time.)

Do you have to pay the tour ahead of time by credit card or do you pay at the end of each excursion with Roberts Hawaii?

a quick question if I might....if our itinerary says we disembark at 8 a.m. in the port of Honolulu...what time can we reasonably book this for the day to ultimately end up at the airport?

This is a private tour that we took when getting off we got off Pride of America. We were picked up at the cruise ship and we took had our luggage with us for the tour. This was a great day and we had fun. http://hawaiicruiseexcursions.com/OahuIslandTour.htm

If your on a Princess Ship, Roberts Hawaii will not take you for a private tour, as he books with Princess Cruise Line and tours have to be booked with the cruise line, at a premium price. I tried booking him for our Nov 9, 2011 Golden Princess cruise and this is his reply.....

Aloha,

Thank you for your email and consideration of Roberts Hawaii.

A number of tours and activities offered by and on Princess Cruise Lines are serviced by Roberts Hawaii, the official tour and transportation company of Princess Cruises. With this relationship, we would recommend you contact Princess Cruises and they can further assist you. Rates will differ from Roberts Hawaii's Shore Excursion division as many of Princesses offerings are exclusive and defined by the cruise line.

We are not the official supplier of service for shore excursions offered

through other cruise lines, such as the ones listed on our website. We

offer shore excursions to cruise patrons on other lines as an

alternative to those offered by their cruise provider. Rates are

customized depending on ship, port of call, day, and itinerary.

Be assured that when you book with Princess Cruise Lines you are

receiving the same exceptional level of service when touring with

Roberts Hawaii that we provide in all of our ventures. We look forward to making your acquaintance in the islands, have a wonderful trip.

Sincerely,

Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursions

a quick question if I might....if our itinerary says we disembark at 8 a.m. in the port of Honolulu...what time can we reasonably book this for the day to ultimately end up at the airport?

I'm not sure what time your flight is out, but the tour was 6 hours. If you start your tour at 9am, then you will finish at 3pm. You can also start your tour with Pearl Harbor and that will add some more time onto your day. If you need a shorter tour, there is another one that is 4 hours long.

Both tours are listed on www.hawaiicruiseexcursions.com

We were able to decide what time our tour started when we booked the tour.

I was on the website yesterday and was able to get "live assistance" and figured out that yes, they would come to the port to get us and our luggage and we could do a tour of Pearl Harbour as well as the 4 hour tour of the island, depending on when we got flights home. It is too early for booking that yet but just going on a "dummy" date in May, it appears most flights coming back to either Detroit or Toronto leave Honolulu around 10 p.m.. I like that web site also because we can also book the plane ride on Kauai thru them and a few other things on different islands...one stop shopping hopefully!

I'm not sure what time your flight is out, but the tour was 6 hours. If you start your tour at 9am, then you will finish at 3pm. You can also start your tour with Pearl Harbor and that will add some more time onto your day. If you need a shorter tour, there is another one that is 4 hours long.

Both tours are listed on www.hawaiicruiseexcursions.com

We were able to decide what time our tour started when we booked the tour.

Try Xpress Limo Shuttle - 808-551-5578. When we did not rent a car we used a limo company for an island tour and it was great. There may be other limo companies that do private tours but this is the only one I know. Cherie

Archived