Single supplement question

wizard-of-roz

I suppose the bottom line is.....if you really need to or enjoy cruising by yourself, you must also be willing to pay the price for it. :o

I don't see the loss to the cruiselines if they start offering some single rooms, allowing singles to enjoy the cruising experience. Without having to pay such exorbinate, punishing prices for it!

So why does the pic on the HAL website display TWO single beds in that specific stateroom? :confused:

You'd be better off asking HAL that question. I'm not in charge of HAL's website. :rolleyes:

I have stayed in that cabin; there was one bed. There are other, essentially identical, cabins along that passageway that are doubles. Those cabins have two beds---that's why they're called "doubles".

I suppose the bottom line is.....if you really need to or enjoy cruising by yourself, you must also be willing to pay the price for it. :o

I don't see the loss to the cruiselines if they start offering some single rooms, allowing singles to enjoy the cruising experience. Without having to pay such exorbinate, punishing prices for it!

I cruise solo and am well aware of the single supplement. My philosophy is if I can afford the cruise as priced, then I buy it. I don't bother with calculating the percentage of the supplement because it really doesn't matter what it is. The price is what it is and that's all there is to it. :)

I cruise solo and am well aware of the single supplement. My philosophy is if I can afford the cruise as priced, then I buy it. I don't bother with calculating the percentage of the supplement because it really doesn't matter what it is. The price is what it is and that's all there is to it. :)

Exactly. The cruise supp really means nothing.....it's the bottom line price.

What I'd like to see is a supplement for couples that are cheap and don't spend anything. So often I see people on this board saying HAL is losing out on onboard revenue with solos. Often, I'm the only person at my table that buys wine night after night while most sit at the table drinking tap water. Who do you think is spending more over all?

Archived