Marina....any PH's to avoid?

LaCroisiereS'amuse

I would go with the ones on deck 10- we just returned from a cruise in a PH 1 on deck 11. It was lovely, but there is an overhang on the balcony which can impede views - we noticed it when sailing through the fjords - not a big deal, but you won't have that on deck 10. Also, there is an advantage to be sandwiched between two decks of cabins and not run the risk of hearing lounge chairs being moved about.

I would go with the ones on deck 10- we just returned from a cruise in a PH 1 on deck 11. It was lovely, but there is an overhang on the balcony which can impede views - we noticed it when sailing through the fjords - not a big deal, but you won't have that on deck 10. Also, there is an advantage to be sandwiched between two decks of cabins and not run the risk of hearing lounge chairs being moved about.

I took a quick look at availability, and it is mostly PH3's which are available on the Marina Cruises that he is looking at, anyway.

175030.jpg

There were still some PH1s earlier this week' date=' but I'm veering towards the PH3s....it's on a "best available" PH deal here in the UK £2399 on the .co.uk version of the "O" website for any PH grade.

Thanks Benita :)[/quote']

The downside with those deck 10 PH3's is that you would have to go up a deck to use the Suite Lounge. Tough to do if you want to bring goodies back to the cabin.

In keeping with your original question, I don't think that I would like to be assigned 7128 or 7133 even though they have those deeper, sunnier balconies, because they are so far away from everything.

I feel the same way about 9138 and 9145, even though they are the biggest PH3's.

7130 and 7135 are out of the way too, but at least they have that gigantic wrap around veranda as a consolation.

Before you book look at the deck plans and see what is ABOVE your room. On our recent cruise we spoke with people who were unfortunately under the gym. They complained of the sound of the treadmills and other unwanted noise.:eek::eek:

Before you book look at the deck plans and see what is ABOVE your room. On our recent cruise we spoke with people who were unfortunately under the gym. They complained of the sound of the treadmills and other unwanted noise.:eek::eek:

Were they the people that changed rooms five times on the Marina? If so I talked to the husband in the pool, and their first two moves were for legitimate reasons (first noise, then a leak), but after that they were angling for a free cruise.

And I believe that they got it!

Were they the people that changed rooms five times on the Marina? If so I talked to the husband in the pool, and their first two moves were for legitimate reasons (first noise, then a leak), but after that they were angling for a free cruise.

GOSH!!! :eek:

I need to take lessons from them LOL:D

Lyn

It was on "The Route of the Vikings."

Just returned from Marina's Northern Knights cruise. We had a PH3 on Deck 10 starboard. Although I can't directly compare to the PH1's and PH2's on Deck 11 (never having been in one), other folks we met on the cruise who were on Deck 11 had mixed opinions. One couple preferred the overhang from Deck 12 and one couple thought the overhang was "intrusive."

We were very pleased with our PH3, which was located a bit forward of mid-ship. I would definitely vote for any suite mid or a bit forward to avoid any hint of vibration. (Note: I am not saying vibration is an issue on Marina, but if you are at all susceptible, why risk it?) Also, I would vote for starboard, as the the door opening to the laundry is on the port side.

Just returned from Marina's Northern Knights cruise. We had a PH3 on Deck 10 starboard. Although I can't directly compare to the PH1's and PH2's on Deck 11 (never having been in one), other folks we met on the cruise who were on Deck 11 had mixed opinions. One couple preferred the overhang from Deck 12 and one couple thought the overhang was "intrusive."

We were very pleased with our PH3, which was located a bit forward of mid-ship. I would definitely vote for any suite mid or a bit forward to avoid any hint of vibration. (Note: I am not saying vibration is an issue on Marina, but if you are at all susceptible, why risk it?) Also, I would vote for starboard, as the the door opening to the laundry is on the port side.

I agree, I did not like the large overhang on deck 11 PH's..I prefer deck 10 but I personally still prefer the small ships and intend to cruise on them in the future..I of course want to try the Marina as I know there are many changes...

Jancruz

Archived