Which tour to pick in Ketchikan?

love2trvl

The tours we like so far are Saxman village, Lumberjack show and Rainforest sanctuary. We are going in mid-June and wondering if we'll see any animals at Rainforest sanctuary, since it's too early for salmon run? We're a family of 4 with a kid and a teen, looking for something fun for all. :)

how about a floatplane tour over the fjords. there are some great tour co's that will give all of you a fantastic tour. also you can go kayaking? unless one of the children is too young. the sanctuary sounds good though although i have never seen it.

I wanted to do flightseeing over Misty Fjords, but the kids really want to do Helicopter/dogsledding, and since we can only do one air tour, we decided on dogsledding. We are interested to hear about your kayak tour experiences. Thanks.:)

It's a good tour. I'm biased as I work there. But it isn't real good for small kids,

unless they are REALLY, into the nature thing. The groups are fairly small sized,

12 or less, and if your children aren't really into it it ruins the experience for

everyone. Wildlife there is like wildlife anywhere. It's there on one tour and then

gone the next. Quite literally we had 50 eagles there feeding on the salmon in

late August, then the next day they were gone. Wow! how do you explain that.

But fortunately the bear sightings and viewing picked up a lot. This year they

did some reindeer in a static display. They are pretty cool. Reindeer are simply

domesticated caribou.

Archived