Emerald Princess Captains Circle Party

PescadoAmarillo

Actually yes. I posted HAL has an "equivalent" ceremony. The ones I've attended, including when I received my 100+ day copper medallion, were very much "equivalent". But there was no luncheon, darn it.:(

The point was HAL held the ceremony in the ship's theater, which works one heck of a lot better than an atrium!

HAL's Mariner's luncheon works even better. I think the ceremony in the ship's theater has been replaced with the luncheon based on my recent experience and what I read on the HAL CC board.

. One of the few words I heard growing up besides mangia was testa dura...hard head! :p

It's so nice to have some levity on these boards...;)

Nobody ever said mangia to me. I grew up in a household with a mother who must have been the original anorexic.

Nobody ever said mangia to me. I grew up in a household with a mother who must have been the original anorexic.

In our Sicilian famiglia it was very common to mangia & something even my non-Sicilian mom learned by living next door to my dad's family. My Aunt Marie was more like the Sicilian character Marie Barone in Everybody Loves Raymond when it came to mangia only much nicer than the character on TV. ;)

Are your famiglia roots from Northern Italy? As I recall you don't like cannoli nor gelato either...could that be a trait of northerners??? :p

In our Sicilian famiglia it was very common to mangia & something even my non-Sicilian mom learned by living next door to my dad's family. My Aunt Marie was more like the Sicilian character Marie Barone in Everybody Loves Raymond when it came to mangia only much nicer than the character on TV. ;)

Are your famiglia roots from Northern Italy? As I recall you don't like cannoli nor gelato either...could that be a trait of northerners??? :p

My picky eating is solely mine. Not genetic or geographic. So how do Sicilians get along with Calabrese? (i.e. Napoli) LOL

My picky eating is solely mine. Not genetic or geographic. So how do Sicilians get along with Calabrese? (i.e. Napoli) LOL

We're all southern Italian paesano...fellow villagers! Our TA is from Napoli & we get along great.

I got along great with Captain Calabrese (he joked about my mob connected last name) & on my 1st trip to Italy we had a great Calabrese Perillo tour guide who took us to a wonderful family run trattoria somewhere along the back roads in Calabrese for lunch. :D

We also experienced the Piazza CC Party on our March cruise on Emerald Princess. What a disaster! It was not on a formal night and it was a free-for-all. We took one look at it and ran in the other direction. There were a lot of passengers who were unable to stand for the party, and seating was impossible to find. If it's in the Atrium in the future, we'll pass.

We're all southern Italian paesano...fellow villagers! Our TA is from Napoli & we get along great.

I got along great with Captain Calabrese (he joked about my mob connected last name) & on my 1st trip to Italy we had a great Calabrese Perillo tour guide who took us to a wonderful family run trattoria somewhere along the back roads in Calabrese for lunch. :D

Now I need to guess your mob connected name. Oh my, there are so many. ;) Is it a G? Is it a B?

We also experienced the Piazza CC Party on our March cruise on Emerald Princess. What a disaster! It was not on a formal night and it was a free-for-all. We took one look at it and ran in the other direction. There were a lot of passengers who were unable to stand for the party, and seating was impossible to find. If it's in the Atrium in the future, we'll pass.

Have you shared your thoughts with Princess while they consider whether to roll this out fleetwide?

They said they're getting negative comments after I shared mine with them & that they'd pass them on to managment. I suspect their goal is to completely eliminate them to save money & will do it if no one cares to attend or to voice their opinions. And for those happy with this proposed change, then they'd probably like to hear that also. I believe they want to keep the majority of their passengers happy & I've experienced many improvements during the years we've sailed with Princess.

Maybe before we get put in a timeout like we did another time when discussing things Italian, if you're interested I could email it instead of here.

Good idea, except I don't really want to post my address. If you feel comfortable doing it, I'll reply immediatamente/subito.

Archived