Emerald Princess Captains Circle Party

PescadoAmarillo

Out of curiosity...anyone recently off the Ruby or Crown, did you have the atrium CC party? Just wondering if maybe they're testing out this idea on the larger ships first.

It was in the atrium on the Crown North Cape and Fjords cruise the end of June.

I do, because sometimes it's me. :p

When we win, Mrs. Pablo likes to go, and get a picture with the Captain.

...particularly when it's Tony Yeomans. When it is, I generally

step out of the frame, to improve the picture.

When we win, Mrs. Pablo likes to go, and get a picture with the Captain.

...particularly when it's Tony Yeomans. When it is, I generally

step out of the frame, to improve the picture.

Ah........ my favorite photos. Two of them, in fact, with Capt. McCharming. :D

Since they started having them in the atrium we don't even go when we win. We have several pictures with several Captains from the Most Traveled Luncheons. It seems now a lot of the ships are having Most Traveled Cocktail Parties which are usually had at an odd time that interferes with dining hours. We might stop going to them also.

The lunches are very good and we do always make them. The cocktail parties are also good but sometimes they are held at an odd hour which interferes with both early and late dining. We try to make them when possible. The pix always come out nice, but they usually get stuffed in the file cabinet with othere cruise memorabilia. Someday I am going to scan them and make some kind of collage I can frame in one frame.

Oh, I know and neither are the cocktail parties. I wouldn't turn down either if given the chance. What else would you rather do, go to a cocktail party of watch Piano man for the umpteen time? :D

Piano Man like Motor City is not an option. Ever. Ergo.............cocktails and luncheons. Not even a close comparison. I just wish I could change the luncheon wine from chardonnay to Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc. Maybe if I ask?

It appears thet we have strayed from the original OP's post which was "The Captain's Circle Party" and have gotten into a "oneupmanship game" which is a game I refuse to play. Can we get back to the original post commentary?

It appears thet we have strayed from the original OP's post which was "The Captain's Circle Party" and have gotten into a "oneupmanship game" which is a game I refuse to play. Can we get back to the original post commentary?

What's your problem 4969? Seems to me you were talking about lunches only a few posts ago. :rolleyes:

HAL has a far greater number of repeat cruisers. They hold their equivalent celebration in the ship's theater with drink service and awards presentations, no problemo.(

Actually no. HAL has a repeaters luncheon where everyone gets their blue delft tiles and whatever new level recognition has been attained. Not bad. We haven't been to a Captain's Circle party for some time but the atrium would probably work for us since we could snag a drink on the way to the dinning room. If we make the top 40 cut we attend that function.

As a result of reading this post about a move towards Captain's Circle parties in the Atrium, I decided to email Princess Customer Relations & they called me today.

This change is a test being tried by Princess' management & not being decided by each ship. If the test is successful, then they plan to roll it out fleetwide. What their definition is for a successful test is unclear because it could be less participants & thus a savings for them. So it's still to be seen which cost they're more concerned about...a savings cost for them or at the cost of providing a comfortable Captain's Circle party? :rolleyes:

The customer service rep said they are receiving several negative comments from those unhappy about this change being considered for fleetwide implementation. She said that my comments would be passed on to upper managment so if anyone else cares to have this test fail & to go back to the cocktail party in the aft lounge, you may consider emailing them your opinions.

For me, it's a terrible idea because with such limited Atrium seating, it's nearly impossible for those physically unable to stand so long to enjoy this benefit for repeat Princess passengers. It should be interesting to see if they discontinue their Atrium Captain's Cocktail party testing or if they will make it another cost cutting thing that will go the way of other things from cruisings past. Princess needs to make money & to cut costs, however I believe this is an awful place to do it.

I shared my constructive criticism with them to keep the old system & will find out in October if they have listened to passenger opinions...mine & other passengers unhappy about this proposed fleetwide change. I know that for some whether the party continues in any form isn't a priority but based on attendance at them it is for many of us.

As a result of reading this post about a move towards Captain's Circle parties in the Atrium, I decided to email Princess Customer Relations & they called me today.

This change is a test being tried by Princess' management & not being decided by each ship. If the test is successful, then they plan to roll it out fleetwide. What their definition is for a successful test is unclear because it could be less participants & thus a savings for them. So it's still to be seen which cost they're more concerned about...a savings cost for them or at the cost of providing a comfortable Captain's Circle party? :rolleyes:

The customer service rep said they are receiving several negative comments from those unhappy about this change being considered for fleetwide implementation. She said that my comments would be passed on to upper managment so if anyone else cares to have this test fail & to go back to the cocktail party in the aft lounge, you may consider emailing them your opinions.

For me, it's a terrible idea because with such limited Atrium seating, it's nearly impossible for those physically unable to stand so long to enjoy this benefit for repeat Princess passengers. It should be interesting to see if they discontinue their Atrium Captain's Cocktail party testing or if they will make it another cost cutting thing that will go the way of other things from cruisings past. Princess needs to make money & to cut costs, however I believe this is an awful place to do it.

I shared my constructive criticism with them to keep the old system & will find out in October if they have listened to passenger opinions...mine & other passengers unhappy about this proposed fleetwide change. I know that for some whether the party continues in any form isn't a priority but based on attendance at them it is for many of us.

I can't possibly see how this could possibly save them any money since everyone on the ship will now be in attendance. The only way to save on the drink costs would be to eliminate it altogether. For us to fight the crowds in the Piazza for a couple glasses of wine is hardly worth the trouble.

I can't possibly see how this could possibly save them any money since everyone on the ship will now be in attendance. The only way to save on the drink costs would be to eliminate it altogether. For us to fight the crowds in the Piazza for a couple glasses of wine is hardly worth the trouble.

Their costs may decrease because there is a limited number of passengers who can be squeezed into the Atrium even if they don't limit it to Captain's Circle passengers. If they implement it fleetwide, then I feel it will be the beginning of the end of this event with even more savings for Princess. Just like the Captain's Champagne Waterfall party, I wouldn't attend a CC party in the Atrium which may be their ultimate goal. :(

No effort was made what so ever to restrict who was at the party. We were told the same thing that it is because there were so many Captain Circle members now they didn't want to have all those separate parties in Club Fusion. But on the Emerald in the Baltics, most cruisers were Princess 1st timers, so that theory goes out the window. We will never go again if it continues to be in the atrium. As someone previously mentioned, it would be nice if it were limited to Platinum and Elite.

Must keep the riff raff out! ;):rolleyes::p

Actually no. HAL has a repeaters luncheon where everyone gets their blue delft tiles and whatever new level recognition has been attained. Not bad. We haven't been to a Captain's Circle party for some time but the atrium would probably work for us since we could snag a drink on the way to the dinning room. If we make the top 40 cut we attend that function.

Actually yes. I posted HAL has an "equivalent" ceremony. The ones I've attended, including when I received my 100+ day copper medallion, were very much "equivalent". But there was no luncheon, darn it.:(

The point was HAL held the ceremony in the ship's theater, which works one heck of a lot better than an atrium!

Under the old method of seperate parties in the Club Fusion (or equivant), the riff would be assigned to one party and the raff would go to a different one.

I remember seeing you at the party --which one were we at?

ROFLMAO:)

Spazzatura? :eek:

Cugina Pia...dat's a me...just throw the spazzatura out! :eek: I'm sure glad that I have my online Italian/English (and other languages also) to keep up with your knowledge. One of the few words I heard growing up besides mangia was testa dura...hard head! :p

Under the old method of seperate parties in the Club Fusion (or equivant), the riff would be assigned to one party and the raff would go to a different one.

It's so nice to have some levity on these boards...;)

Archived