First regent cruise - review of July 8 Baltic on voyager

kej1

This was our first cruise on Regent, having been on silversea, and the larger seabourn ships. I was a bit nervous as had read mixed reviews, but liked the longer 10 day iten, better than the others stiff were only 7.

We had a very enjoyable time! In fact so much we booked another cruise on board. We loved our room. It was an aft corner suite which also made us nervous (was the last available on the ship), but ended up loving it. I will say it is not for those who cannot take vibration and a bit of noise when the boat is traveling at higher speeds, but we got used to it, and for us looking back at the wake, made up the difference. We loved our room!

We also enjoyed the food at compass rose, prime, and signatures. We did a couple of special orders and they were terrific. We thought service in compass rose at dinner was quite slow, but they had the problem that people would attend big cocktail parties and all come in at once. So we would bring our drink, and just relax as the food was very good. ( and we are quite picky having been to numerous Michelin star restaurants!). I will say we did not care for La Veranda. We went for lunch the first day and never went back. We are not big on buffets.

We loved the staff - always friendly and genuine. Loved the king size bed, the interactive tv with many movies. We only attended two show but enjoyed them, and for those that like entertaiment there seemed to be a lot going on!

We could do without the included tours, and in fact for the most part did without them. We did privates in several locations, in others we did our own thing. The two ship tours we did were crowded, long lines to wait to get on and off boat, and pretty mediocre in our book. But some we talked to loved them, so to each his own.

In summary we have added Regent to our list of cruise choices! We still also love the larger seaboard ships as well, and like the silver whisper. We will choose primarily on iten and timing going forward, but our next cruise is regent again!

Another Regent convert! So glad you enjoyed your cruise. We all know that perfection cannot be reached, but near perfection is Regent. The Voyager aft vibration is widely known. If you go in knowing it and it doesn't bother you, you just live with it and enjoy your cruise.

Both Voyager and Navigator vibrate some in the stern. And both were built in the same shipyard (Mariotti in Genova). Mariner doesn't have this unless the engines are really busy moving the ship as it docks or leaves the dock.

Glad you liked Regent. We do too. But we do not have your perspective as we have never cruised Seaborn or Silversea!! So even more glad to read what you had to say.

Yes, I think you have made a good decision with Regent! I di like the other lines as well - particularly the newer, larger Seabourn ships, but we really enjoyed Regent and besides the fact they are now are next cruise, will always look at them in the mix!!

Archived