Possible price drop after 7/31?

lafngas

Got a brochure several months ago as a past Princess cruiser which had various European cruises with pricing guaranteed through 7/31. Our final payment date for our cruise will be 8/7. According to my online TA,he says Princess has been having trouble filling these ships due to the economy and high airfare.

Can some of you experienced cruisers weigh in on what the chances are that my price will drop anymore between 7/31 and 8/7 given the information my TA told me?

Thanks

Got a brochure several months ago as a past Princess cruiser which had various European cruises with pricing guaranteed through 7/31. Our final payment date for our cruise will be 8/7. According to my online TA,he says Princess has been having trouble filling these ships due to the economy and high airfare.

Can some of you experienced cruisers weigh in on what the chances are that my price will drop anymore between 7/31 and 8/7 given the information my TA told me?

Thanks

Very possible there could be a Flash sale, but that would be for new bookings only. The only way you could partake in it would be to cancel your current reservation and rebook as a new one. The new pricing however, could very well be more than what you originally had discounted by your TA. And, if you have a choice cabin you could lose it.

Most of the time you see these AFTER final payment.

Both Pia and Paul are correct. If prices are going to be reduced, it'll be via a "flash" promotion which is usually after final payment (and you're in the penalty phase) and for new bookings only. But, you never know. The price of my T/A went down last year just before final payment and I qualified even though I was already booked.

The bottom line is, "follow the money." Supply and demand.

Thanks for your perspectives on how this works. I have another question. If there is a price drop after final payment across the board and I want to change from a balcony to a minisuite,I would be able to get the minisuite for that new lower price?

Yes, you can get the mini-suite at the lower price but you have to cancel your booking, of which there would be a cancellation fee. The amount of the cancellation fee depends on how close you are to the sail date. The closer you are to the sail date, the higher the cancellation fee.

Yes, you can get the mini-suite at the lower price but you have to cancel your booking, of which there would be a cancellation fee. The amount of the cancellation fee depends on how close you are to the sail date. The closer you are to the sail date, the higher the cancellation fee.

If the new pricing is not restricted to new bookings only, it may be possible to switch to a higher category without cancelling the original booking.

What if the higher category is still less than the price I paid for the lower category? Does Princess give you a refund or an OBC? I haven't seen any price drop after final payment is not for new bookings only. Just want to be sure that I didn't miss anything Thanks!:)

Archived