Disembarkation Question

rv02s

I read somehwre that disembarkation strats 2 hours after docking the ship. Can someone verifies this please, does this mean when we arrive in rome at 7 am we can not leave the ship until 9. I just want to know so I can book my train tickets o rome from the port. And the same when we arrive in Barcelona, we are due to arrive at 5 am so we won't get out till 7?

Also at the ports of visits (rome florence etc) can we stay on the ship until the crowd empties out?

I read somehwre that disembarkation strats 2 hours after docking the ship. Can someone verifies this please, does this mean when we arrive in rome at 7 am we can not leave the ship until 9. I just want to know so I can book my train tickets o rome from the port. And the same when we arrive in Barcelona, we are due to arrive at 5 am so we won't get out till 7?

Also at the ports of visits (rome florence etc) can we stay on the ship until the crowd empties out?

Most likely your reading about debark at the end of the cruise. When the ships dock in port, you can usually get off within 15-30min depending on customs. You can stay on the ship if you like, no one is forcing to leave

I think you are reading that from the NCL site or brochure as that is where I've seen it and it references the last day when you must leave the ship. It says two hours. It could vary either way though.

From our experience it is usually within about an hour after arrival into the final stop. There are some rare cases where customs will delay the process, but usually it is about an hour.

Can't give you specifics for European ports, but in every Caribbean port that I've been in with NCL, disembarkation is usually called about 30 to 40 minutes after arrival. The time mostly depends on how long it takes for the ship to clear with the port authorities.

If the ship arrives very early in the morning (such as 5am in your example) they may wait to announce the availability of disembarkation until a later time, when more people will be up and ready to go ashore, such as 7 or 8 am. Or the disembarkation time after an early arrival may depend on how soon the proper port authorities are available to clear the ship.

As others have said, in the ports of call there is nothing to prevent you from waiting to disembark at your leisure, or just stay on the ship if you prefer.

Archived