second D+ amenitY?

I can't find this on the web site, so am asking here. At what point level do D+ get to order a second amenity, please? I think it is either 300 or 350. And at what point level is the dinner with officer(s) added? With the Diamonds in December promotion we will go just over 300 points, thus my questions.

I can't find this on the web site, so am asking here. At what point level do D+ get to order a second amenity, please? I think it is either 300 or 350. And at what point level is the dinner with officer(s) added? With the Diamonds in December promotion we will go just over 300 points, thus my questions.

Second amenity starts at 350 points. This is only on 7 day or longer cruises. Shorter cruises would get only one amenity. However, the amenity list also expands at 350 points, so there are more choices.

Regarding the website, some details only show up when you are logged in.

Second amenity starts at 350 points. This is only on 7 day or longer cruises. Shorter cruises would get only one amenity. However, the amenity list also expands at 350 points, so there are more choices.

Where does it say that???:confused: Im sure somewhere,but I dont see it..

Regarding the website, some details only show up when you are logged in.

Bob, if you check you will find that you are offered the same amenities at 175 points that you are at 350 points. It will be interesting to see if the list is the same when reaching 525 points.

Where does it say that???:confused: Im sure somewhere,but I dont see it..

I don't think it is in writing, but if you call C&A D+ desk that is what they will tell you. On our 5 day Bermuda cruise this past April we only received one amenity.

Bob, if you check you will find that you are offered the same amenities at 175 points that you are at 350 points. It will be interesting to see if the list is the same when reaching 525 points.

I don't think it is in writing, but if you call C&A D+ desk that is what they will tell you. On our 5 day Bermuda cruise this past April we only received one amenity.

Patti, the selection does change when you reach 525. You are correct, regardless of level or sea days on a 5 night you only receive 1 amenity. It needs to be a 7 night sailing for the 2 or 3 amenities.

Bob, if you check you will find that you are offered the same amenities at 175 points that you are at 350 points. It will be interesting to see if the list is the same when reaching 525 points...

Patti, I based my statement on an attachment in an old post from Aug 2010, assuming 24 cruise credits was equivalent to the 175 point level, and 49 cruise credits was equivalent to the 350 point level. Here's the attachment I used, originally posted by Kathy (PH8):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=165646&d=1281989462

As I haven't cruised since December, it's possible the list has changed and there is no difference in amenities between 175 and 350 points. I'll find out next week when I call C&A and request the amenity for our August cruise.

Bob

Patti, the selection does change when you reach 525. You are correct, regardless of level or sea days on a 5 night you only receive 1 amenity. It needs to be a 7 night sailing for the 2 or 3 amenities.

Hi Joanne, how are you and Fred doing? Thanks for the info on the 525 level amenity. I'll find out on the third leg of our b2b2b beginning in September.

Patti, I based my statement on an attachment in an old post from Aug 2010, assuming 24 cruise credits was equivalent to the 175 point level, and 49 cruise credits was equivalent to the 350 point level. Here's the attachment I used, originally posted by Kathy (PH8):

As I haven't cruised since December, it's possible the list has changed and there is no difference in amenities between 175 and 350 points. I'll find out next week when I call C&A and request the amenity for our August cruise.

Bob

Oops, I forgot about that list.:o From the looks of what is showing on the C&A website, they have both added and eliminated some items that are shown on Kathy's list.

Bob

Bob - You can go on line to select the D+ amenity at any time. I've been D+ for a while but hit the 350 mark ( old 49 credits) about 4 cruises ago. It seemed like the selection ( of wine) was larger at that point - but maybe that was my imagination. The 350 and up list is very large!

By the way - if you select wine, you can now select dining room or cabin delivery

M

That old list and the new one have a lot of different things....

Ok,question........before when I cruised with a friend we both got our amenities........I wonder if they still do that??:confused: Cuz it does say one per household......would be nice.....

Bob - You can go on line to select the D+ amenity at any time. I've been D+ for a while but hit the 350 mark ( old 49 credits) about 4 cruises ago. It seemed like the selection ( of wine) was larger at that point - but maybe that was my imagination. The 350 and up list is very large!

By the way - if you select wine, you can now select dining room or cabin delivery

M

Hi Marcy,

Yes, I've seen how you can select the amenity on the website. However, I'll still call the D+ people to register my selection as I'm not confident that the website way will work reliably. I've read that people are not reliably getting their welcome aboard selection also. Maybe it's the ship, maybe it's the website, but I'll do it the old fashioned way for a while.

Bob

Hi Joanne, how are you and Fred doing? Thanks for the info on the 525 level amenity. I'll find out on the third leg of our b2b2b beginning in September.

Oops, I forgot about that list.:o From the looks of what is showing on the C&A website, they have both added and eliminated some items that are shown on Kathy's list.

Hi Patti, we are fine. Next up for us is a b2b2b on the Explorer the end of next month. We don't cruise Oct & Nov becasue we go to Sanibel :):) That is if I'm not out looking for a job with this debt thing, but let's not go there!

Joanne

Patti - what ammenities are you guys talking about? Do you have to ask for them? We never got anything from C & A when we reached the different levels (gold, plat.,etc.) and I have asked and was told they would look into it.

Patti - what ammenities are you guys talking about? Do you have to ask for them? We never got anything from C & A when we reached the different levels (gold, plat.,etc.) and I have asked and was told they would look into it.

When you reach D+ (175 cruise points) you are entitled to select, from a list that appears under your My Cruises on the C&A Home Page (left side), what they call your D+ Amenity. You just select what you want or, like Bob, you can call the D+ desk and request it that way.

Here is the list that Kathy was able to provide us from C&A http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attac...6&d=1281989462 There have been some new items added.

The amenities start at the D+ (175 point) level. If you are at that level, then when you log into Royal's website, look at your profile, and you should see some choices for gifts.

There is also a welcome aboard snack now given to Emerald and above. The drinks that come with this snack can also be selected in the profile section of the website.

M

The amenities list for 175 cruise points and 350 cruise points are identical under C&A. It's like they mirrored the 350 list after the 175 list because each list is in the same unorganized order.

The woven beach towel and Micro Fiber Tote Bag are listed twice.......the first time they are listed it says "1" per relationship/stateroom and then further down the list it says "2" per relationship/stateroom.:eek:

The amenities list for 175 cruise points and 350 cruise points are identical under C&A. It's like they mirrored the 350 list after the 175 list because each list is in the same unorganized order.

The woven beach towel and Micro Fiber Tote Bag are listed twice.......the first time they are listed it says "1" per relationship/stateroom and then further down the list it says "2" per relationship/stateroom.:eek:

I noticed that about the towels and wondered why anyone would pick one rather than two. Maybe they have limited suitcase space. :rolleyes:

About the 2 lists. Do you think it's possible that we see both lists as the same because we qualify for 2 items having over 350 points? Maybe people who only have one list showing since they can only have one item don't see a full selection as we do. Do you know anyone who is entitled to just one item that can check their list? I'm thinking it might be a shorter list.

I just don't think our 175 list is going to show what those under 350 are showing.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

Gina

Patti, if you are looking at the website to see the amenity list, I don't think you can see the 175 point list if you are logged in as yourself. In other words, once you reach 350, the lists under the fields "175 points and higher" and "350 points and higher" are identical. If those fields were named "1st amenity" and "2nd amenity", it would be less confusing.

This is no different than it was before the Jan change - once you got to 49 cruise credits, you could choose both gifts from the expanded list.

In order to prove my theory, we need someone who has between 175 and 349 points to log in and tell us what their list shows.

Bob

And...I was tempted to order the 2 towels just to see what happens, but since my upcoming cruise is a B2B I don't want to come home with 4 towels. I DO have enough space for 2 in my suitcase but not 4. :eek: And they don't allow an amenity change that close to sailing - while on the 1st leg of a B2B.

Not to mention the towel quality isn't the same...unless they switched back to the original style.

Gina

I noticed that about the towels and wondered why anyone would pick one rather than two. Maybe they have limited suitcase space. :rolleyes:

About the 2 lists. Do you think it's possible that we see both lists as the same because we qualify for 2 items having over 350 points? Maybe people who only have one list showing since they can only have one item don't see a full selection as we do. Do you know anyone who is entitled to just one item that can check their list? I'm thinking it might be a shorter list.

I just don't think our 175 list is going to show what those under 350 are showing.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

Gina

Yes, I understand, and I think you said it better than I did. Thanks.

Bob

Patti, if you are looking at the website to see the amenity list, I don't think you can see the 175 point list if you are logged in as yourself. In other words, once you reach 350, the lists under the fields "175 points and higher" and "350 points and higher" are identical. If those fields were named "1st amenity" and "2nd amenity", it would be less confusing.

This is no different than it was before the Jan change - once you got to 49 cruise credits, you could choose both gifts from the expanded list.

In order to prove my theory, we need someone who has between 175 and 349 points to log in and tell us what their list shows.

Bob

I think you said it better. And you suggested a very good idea. RCI should take your suggestion.

Gina

Bob

Bob, when I log into C&A, no matter what name I use to sign in as (myself or Jim)....... when I go to select our amenities I see both the 175 list and the 350 list and both lists are identical.

I agree that it should say "1st amenity" and/or "2nd amenity" to eliminate the confusion. Or just have one list once you reach 350, since the lists are the same, and then pick "2" items from the list. I just can't wait until October when the 525 list shows up for us!!!:rolleyes::D

When I was responding back to cruisegirl1 I was trying to tell her that both lists have the same number of items listed as she indicated that the 350 list and up is very large. Guess it didn't come across that way.:o

Those of us who receive 2 amenities have 60 items to choose from - on both lists.

Those who are D+ below 350 cruise points, only get to choose one amenity and have 25 items to choose from - on one list.

That makes it simple to understand.

Gina

PS and the count includes each wine counted twice depending on whether it's SR or DR delivery.

Those of us who receive 2 amenities have 60 items to choose from - on both lists.

Those who are D+ below 350 cruise points, only get to choose one amenity and have 25 items to choose from - on one list.

That makes it simple to understand.

Gina

PS and the count includes each wine counted twice depending on whether it's SR or DR delivery.

On my 175 list, even with the duplications of wines because they are listed twice due to the codes SR and DR..........there's more than 25 items to chose from.:confused::eek:

On my 175 list, even with the duplications of wines because they are listed twice due to the codes SR and DR..........there's more than 25 items to chose from.:confused::eek:

I created an account for my daughter...she has the list for those who get one amenity. Her sole list has 25 items.

Of course my own 175 list has 60 items as does my 350 or more list. They are identical. That is why the suggestion to call the lists, "1st item" and "2nd item" is good. Our list that says 175 is NOT the list that those with 175 - 350 have to choose from. Our 175 list is irrelevant to their level.

I would have done a copy and past of the list but the copy feature won't work from the list.

Gina

Archived