LIVE FROM Eclipse with video and photographs

Jo and Rob

Thank you so much Jo and Rob. I have really enjoyed reading every page of your review. You did a wonderful job in bringing a taste of Europe to all of us and your husband's photography isn just amazing. Hope you have another cruise booked soon.

Sheila

Great videos and travelogue, one of the best I've ever seen here on these boards. And I thought Americans were the leaders in use of technology!

I didn't read every post however, as I just got here today... BUT did anyone else notice that strange magnetic field in the library in the Day 2 elevator video? It caused everyone in the library to walk backwards! It must have been a horrible experience for those who happened to be there at the time you were filming!

Go back and see for yourselves.

n.b.: I suppose the videographer wanted to film "up" instead of "down," but that's just another good editing choice from this very talented family. I'm surprised no one noticed this...

Emily, Oliver, Jo & Rob -

Thank you very much for taking us along with you on the Eclipse and your adventures in the Med. Emily and Oliver you are naturals in front of the camera! :D Safe travels home. :)

Joe

Thank you, thank you, thank you!:):)

This has been an amazing journey for us, your fans!

Your videos are wonderful! The written details have been fun and informative. Your family is a delight. I am sorry it has to come to an end.

I will look forward to your final post from home.

Thank you SO SO much for this thread. You put a lot of effort into it and I really appreciate it. I've done one Celebrity cruise in the past and I was underwhelmed. I decided to book another cruise with them on the Eclipse for Nov.2012 but I wasn't overly excited about it. I have to say that you've totally changed my mind with this thread. I'm just sorry that it's over.

Jo,

Your last video I felt that sad pit in my stomach I always get on my last day of my cruise vacation. Wonderful job to you, Rob, Oliver and sweet Emily on the videos and reviews. I have been a member of cruise critic for a long time and have never seen anything quite like this. You all really are celebrities now! Thank you for bringing us all along on your wonderful journey!!

Safe travels home!

Walter

from Nashville, Tn and Celebrity cruise lover!

Jo and Rob

Thank you so much for letting us join your cruise. We feel like we've been there with you.:D What shall we do now? :(

Seriously, we have enjoyed every minute. We will certainly print off all your tips. We have learned so much about the Eclipse from your reports.

Cheryl and Peter :)

Jo

Thanks soo much for taking the time to post your videos and diary every day.

I will be really interested to find out how you compare this Celebrity cruise with other cruise lines . Having been recently converted to Celebrity on our last couple of cruises and our next one in three weeks time I always like to read other peoples views of thier cruises and other lines .

Hope you have a stress free journey home .

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Enjoyed coming with you on your 2 week cruise, thank you

Your holiday April 2012 is it a Canaries one as I would like to follow you on this holiday as well

Quiz - was it a "proper" quiz ie in teams of 4 or 6, last year we did not enjoy Celebrity quiz's as they were in the small theatre and no fun at all

Safe journey home

Skovgaard

What a fitting end to a fantastic cruise holiday, Nessum Dorma made.

My husband is in a Male Voice Choir, so we are biased.

( BTW Did the Celebrity choir take place? Last year Carl Pucel, one of the entertainment staff, organised a choir, of approx 60 voices, who performed on the last day)

To all the Howarth Family - thank you so much for your wonderful posts and videos. I am on the Eclipse for the Transatlantic in October. It is my first on Celebrity and you have made me wish the cruise was tomorrow. I can't wait. Your videos were fantastic and I loved all your tips.

Fondest regards Patricia

Just back from our holiday to Dorset with my family, first thing I did was catch up on your blog videos!!! Not only do I now have my own post holiday blues (and washing) to cope with, I have no more video blogs from your holiday to enjoy either!!! :(

Thanks for sharing with us - so glad you had such a great time!

Louise xxx

Jo, Rob, Oliver and Emily,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience.

I shall miss you.

How did Celebrity compare to your previous cruise? Would you book another?

We're sailing on the Eclipe's TA in October, I dont think they keep the kettles in the room. I think they de-anglosize (you know what I mean :)) for the US market once she leaves Southampton to head across the pond.

Much love

Adele :):):)

Thank you so very much!!! I have enjoyed your comments and wonderful video which made me miss Eclipse!! I now look forward to Silhoutte. AND I think Celebrity owes you a great deal of thanks...I am sure many have booked cruises having followed your thread..you covered everything special about cruising!!!

ahhhhhhhhhh i am sitting here with a ache in my tummy. I can usually get by with counting the days until our next cruise, but now I have to wait until your next cruise to enjoy your great pics and wonderful commentary. I am also making my grandkids watch to show them what a delightful example of a wonderful relationship between brother and sister, to quote your kids " IT WAS JUST LOVELY"

I have so enjoyed sharing your travels with you. I loved the videos and the music, this last one on the ship made me cry. Nessum Dorma, great choice.

I will miss spending time with my new friends from England.:)

OK I haven't read all of the posts, but I have to tell you I now want to take my kids on this cruise on the Eclipse! Your videos were amazing and I felt like I was there - so much so that I started tearing up at the sunset/sunrise on the last night/day (something I'm notorious for on all 4 of my previous cruises). Hopefully =X= will still be doing this itinerary in 4 or 5 years! (Got an Alaskan Cruise to be scheduled for 2013 first).

I agree with the above posters who described that sad feeling as you leave the cruise ship at the end of a wonderful holiday. That is how I am feeling now. I don't think I have ever gotten as attached to a CC thread as I have this one, and I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share with all of us. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Hope your trip home was safe.

Peggy

Thank you all so much everyone for your kind comments, we can’t tell you how much we appreciate them. I was reading them to the children on my iphone in the car on our way home (don't panic Rob was driving!) and they were so excited that people from around the world knew their names and enjoyed watching them in the videos!

Disembarkation

You are invited to fill in a disembarkation form midway through the cruise with times of flights etc to ensure that those who need to get off early can be allocated an early disembarkation time. We didn't hand our form in, but were allocated 8.15am which was perfect.

As with all cruise lines there is no room service on the last morning (it finishes at 1.00am on disembarkation day). I decided to make use of the stateroom kettle and fresh milk from the fridge for a final drink on the balcony (although the view of Southampton car park in the drizzle just isn’t the same!!!)

Jo’s tip 66 – Your fridge isn’t locked on the last night if you previously asked your attendant to empty it at the beginning of the cruise which means you can still have cold water and fresh milk for your morning coffee. (Unfortunately I think they remove the kettles when not sailing out of Southampton)

There was no specific time to clear the staterooms and we were able to leave our carry off bags in our room until after we had finished breakfast. We appreciated this at it meant we were able to freshen up after breakfast in our own bathroom rather than everyone crowding into the public toilets. Bizarrely, while we were eating breakfast our stateroom attendant put in fresh soap and removed ours which seemed such a waste, especially as our bags were still inside the cabin so we obviously hadn’t gone!

The MDR was open as usual this morning with a full menu available but we opted for the buffet (we let the children choose) and I was still able to get my cappucino as normal despite it being the last day. The buffet breakfast was understandably busy but there was an excellent selection as normal.

I usually hate the feel of ships on disembarkation day as it feels so crowded with everyone gathering in lounges but this certainly wasn't the case this morning. Cafe al Bacio was still open (to my delight) so we indulged one last time before leaving the ship (and had cookies to go!).

Unfortunately, we had problems disembarking because of the internet package again!! I settled the bill last night and this morning the package was still available until 7am so at 6.30am Rob decided to go on line to catch up with the world with some remaining minutes. However, it charged outside the package AGAIN!!! This meant my card made an embarrassing buzz noise to say I had an outstanding balance on my bill. I was not impressed and produced my itemised bill with the $0.00 balance due and all the internet credits listed due to the countless mistakes. Fortunately I was able to disembark about five minutes later after a walkie talkie conversation between the lady on security and guest services but it was not the stress free disembarkation that I was enjoying five minutes before and not the ideal memory when leaving the ship! I have to say that the security lady was lovely and dealt it with the situation very well. They certainly need to get the internet problems sorted out though, thank goodness I was settling my bill with cash, otherwise we would have walked off blissfully unaware and it may be much harder to get mistakes removed at a later date!

Jo’s tip 67 – Beware of internet use after you have settled your bill even if you have a package and if you do use it, make sure you call in at guest services on the way to the gangway as it could save you a lot of time and frustration later.

Skovgaard, We only did the one quiz but it was in teams up to 5 so yes it was a proper quiz. I was surprised we marked our own answers though.

Upwarduk, yes there was a Celebrity choir which sounded amazing when I walked past the observation lounge one day when they were rehearsing. They performed at the guest talent show and it was taken very seriously.

Karpela, I will do a cruise line comparison soon on this thread and answer your questions.

As with all cruise lines there is no room service on the last morning (it finishes at 1.00am on disembarkation day.

That's not quite true. Holland America allows you to have room service on the last day. I've used it many times. Thanks again for this wonderful thread.