LIVE FROM Eclipse with video and photographs

Jo and Rob

Had to stop by once again to say thanks for the great video treat every evening. In case neglected to say it previously, your children are adorable. Thanks for taking us along. I loved the ride!

Dearest Howarth Family,

Thank you so much for taking us on your vacation with you. I find that we are rushing home from work to check in and see all that you have done each day. I'm afraid we are going to go through the post-vacation blues when you arrive back home!!

Happy Sailing,

Mike and Linda

San Diego, CA

BTW, the formal evening photos are absolutely beautiful!!!

Who will pick the baton up from Rob & Jo to send a live diary with video from the cruise that follows this splendid one, the bar has been set at a professional standard I realise, I am enjoying my dailey look into Rob & Jo's holiday I do not want it to stop,

Again a big thank you to the Howarth family for taking time out to bring us there wonderful holiday memories

Skovgaard

Edited by Skovgaard

Thanks for the review and videos, I am really enjoying them!!

I was wondering how you got to go on the bridge and engine tours. I would really like to do them when I'm on the Eclipse in Dec.:p

Sign up for your cruise connections party - that's the best way of doing these tours. We did them in June on the Eclipse through our party but were told not to advertise the fact as the ship would be overwhelmed with such requests.

Enjoying your videos and reports keep them coming. Fond memories of our summer cruise.

Hi Jo and Rob

Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your blog and videos.

We join the ship on Saturday and am really looking forward to it, helped by looking at your daily reports.

We are going to the Baltic so we are unlikely to experience your lovely weather but hopefully we will have a wonderful time.

Thanks again (it really helped being able to see what our cabin will look like).

Day 10 – Sea Day, brunch and invitations to the bridge and engine control room!

To see our latest Day 10 video please click the link below

I hope your cruise never ends, I look forward to your videos each day! THANK YOU for sharing your adventure with all of us on CC!

BILL

CelebrityEclipsebanner-L.jpg

Day 11 – Cadiz, Spain

To see our latest Day 11 video please click the link below

Lois R, we got a phone call from the shore excursion manager tonight who has credited us with 50% of the cost of the Aix trip. He has also assured me that my comments will be passed on so future excursions with the company will run more smoothly. I am extremely satisfied with Celebrity’s response and am glad that I pursued it.

Mike and Linda, I love your comment about sharing in our vacation blues! It’s not over yet mind you and we are going to squeeze every minute we can out of this fabulous holiday.

Thank you again for the lovely comments.

It got light really late this morning much to our surprise but I suppose that is to be expected when heading west. We decided to head up on deck to get the full view of us coming into port and we got a great view of Cadiz from the Sunrise Bar deck 15 as we reversed into our berth. We had breakfast al fresco in the Ocean View Bar area which is at the back of the buffet and we were impressed by the extensive breakfast selection. There were waiters outside serving drinks (including the free coffee) and clearing plates.

Jo’s tip 46 – grab a your knife and fork wrapped in a serviette and place it on a table outside to show that you have claimed it so you don’t find someone else sitting there by the time you reappear with your food.

We did an independent tour of Cadiz. There was a HOHO bus outside the port (price 15 euros) if you don’t want to walk but to be honest the charm of Cadiz is the pedestrian narrow streets, beautiful plazas and little fountains which you would miss from the road. The cathedral looks amazing from the outside but is rather plain on the inside so it is definitely one to be admired from the exterior rather than wasting your money on the visit inside. Every other shop seemed to be a shoe shop so ladies if you like shoes there are a variety to be found in Cadiz. I picked up some cushioned flip flops (thongs) for only 4 euros so I was happy!

We went to Bistro on 5 today and I thoroughly recommend it. The crêpes were really delicious and made to order to you can adjust them as you wish. They are surprisingly filling as they are very generous portions. It is open from 6am to 2am so the menu includes breakfast fillings, savoury fillings and sweet ones too. It is worth the 5 dollar cover charge especially when you consider that a cappuccino on the Eclipse is 5.25 dollars!

Jo’s tip 47 – Bistro on five is an ideal location for lunch on embarkation day if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of the buffet as it is extremely quiet and waiter service. Alternatively, it is a great lunch on a port day when the MDR is closed.

The children had a buffet lunch instead and then went to kids’ club although as it was a port day there is a charge before 2pm so we decided to wait. It is advertised as a lunch party (12-2) but when we went up there they were watching a video so it looked more like a baby sitting service than a party and I wasn’t going to pay for that! We went back to club at two and then I picked them up again for swimming after our lunch at Bistro on Five. They weren’t in club however and there was a sign on the door saying “we are out on the ship having fun see programme for details”. Fortunately there were some spare programmes at the door but they sometimes run out. I went to the

Sports Deck (following the programme) but no sign so I headed for Oceanview and sure enough I found them. It turns out they had games on the Lawn not the Sports Deck according to Oliver so I am glad I found them in the buffet otherwise I may have struggled to located them.

Jo’s tip 48 – the fun factory always go for an ice-cream around 4pm in the buffet starboard side so that is always a good place to look. You can sign them out at any time as the name sheets are always where ever the children are. From my experience today Sports deck may actually mean lawn club so don’t panic if you can’t find them.

Both Oliver and Emily are still enjoying the club, especially in the evenings. Emily loves her craft which is a big focus with the cadets and Oliver is really enjoying the scavenger hunts around the ship. We had a shipmates (3-5) schedule delivered to our cabin by mistake yesterday and interestingly it was exactly the same schedule today as the cadets (6-8). I think they are often in the same room doing the same activities.

Tomorrow we will be in Lisbon for our 10th Wedding Anniversary! I can’t wait as I’ve never been to Portugal.

"we got a phone call from the shore excursion manager tonight who has credited us with 50% of the cost of the Aix trip."

Result!!!

Have a great anniversary day in Lisbon. I assume you are hoping for more than a TIN of beans from Rob, Jo!

Simon

Jo and Rob...You will love Lisbon. We were there in 2007 and it was a wonderful port. The scenery as you sail in is just beautiful with the 25th of April Bridge and large statue of Christ. I like to remember it as the city of tile as many of the buildings have tile along the outside walls. The colours are amazing. Thanks again for taking us along on your journey and we will all be sad to see it end.

Happy Anniversary!

Hi Jo, I am so pleased they did the right thing for you:)

And wishing you and Rob and VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY:D

I, along with everyone else cannot wait to read and view your

daily installment!:)

I want to wish you both a Happy Anniversary tomorrow in Lisbon. I am watching your updates/videos daily as are so many. I am very, very impressed as you are making this Celebrity cruise lover feel as if I am there. Great, great job on the tips, reviews, photos and videos. Enjoy every minute of your vacation as so many here are enjoying with you all.

Walter

I've been following you along since video #1. Fantastic video journal of your cruise.:) You have created a wonderful memory for you and your children to look at in the years to come. Thank you for taking us all along.

Happy Anniversary tomorrow! You deserve a great day!

Loved the building details on your visit to southern Spain. Hope for Lisbon that you show lots of details on that city, its history, character, etc. Lisbon is one of the few parts of Europe where we have not had a chance to visit. We're counting on you to "TAKE US THERE".

Keep up the great work!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now at 27,989 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474