Collections

Sunebeach

I wanted to see what people like to collect from their cruise vacations...

I like sand/shells from beaches, magnets from everywhere I've been [my favs are the tiny ships models] I have to have a christams ornament from each cruise..

What's your must have memorabilia?

• 2 weeks later...

We have a magnet of each ship we have been on, although they stopped making the kind we were collecting but we still get whatever they have now.

I used to collect the Carnival pins until we found out they didn't make Fantasy pins.

Collected luggage tags until they stopped making them...

I would LOVE to start a charm bracelet and have a charm for each ship...if I could only go back 10 years and start over!

• 2 weeks later...

The ship models sold onboard, although I don’t have one of the Carnival Triumph. :( I just started to collect shot glasses from every Port of Call. Ship menu’s if allowed. Carnival Pins although now I got to get them on e-Bay now. Disembarkation luggage tags. Keycards of course. I’ve got a whole draw of things from the cruises I was on. :D

I have all the funtimes from my cruise, and my sail and sign card. I like to have all the pins that I have cruised on but that is a work inprogess since I'm not platinum. I start collecting christmas oramnts last year. Wish ebay had some of those. I need Victory and Fantasy for that collection.

If you know of anyone would have Fascination Pin, I would be greatful to trade or buy.

we collect pins from each port which are getting harder and harder to find--we get shot glasses for our son who started to collect--we think of all the COOL places we missed getting one.

also one of those gold-tone ship ornaments from the different ships/itinerary we have cruised.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't wait...41 more days.

..looking for some new stuff to add to my collections...:o

"I would LOVE to start a charm bracelet and have a charm for each ship...if I could only go back 10 years and start over!" Lucigo...I know what you mean.

I'd completely forgotten about my charms...I try to remember to get one for each special 'vacation'...

I found the cutest little silver 'cruise ship' charm at JCPenny's several years ago before my very first cruise...it's not a carnival ship..nor have I ever found Royal Carribean cruise ship charms, but I try to find something from each trip to add to my bracelet. Last year I found a charm of an 'adult beverage' with a little slice of orange/lemon? on the rim and a tiny straw...it went right next to the ship on my bracelet..I have charms from all the 'worlds' at Disney and all the main characters- mickey/minnie, donald etc. and I collect one each time I've been there...it's been several years and I am missing some of the 'key players' so It's still a work in progress, maybe when I have grandkids someday and take them to meet the mouse?

We collect a magnet from each port plus one of the ship. They are small, easy to pack and are useful on the cabin walls for holding paperwork etc. My 10 year old dd collects key chains from each port. She wears a lanyard on each cruise for her keycard and then adds keychains as the cruise progresses. I always hear her coming. :p

• 1 month later...

I also have magnets from our previous trips..I usually bring them back for co-workers or find some small gift for them. My boss recently returned from Mexican cruise with real Vanilla for each of us...and there really is a difference! A friend of mine wants me to look for a certain brand of rum in Jamaica...we'll see.

I like to collect post cards because they are cheap, don't take up a lot of room and I can display them in a photo collage with other pictures of our vaca. I also collect christmas ornaments from each port we visit that has the name and year on it. I didn't think about the ship ornaments, bummer:( My son collects sand from each port that has sand and has made some amazing shadow boxes with bits of stuff he finds while on vaca.

• 2 months later...

Love the ornament pics...

My DH has decided to collect hand carved wood items from the places we have traveled...he likes conversation pieces...who'da thought it?

We found a beautiful hand carved mahogany bowl from Haiti, and a lovely wood 'ball' that holds a tea light candle, which is beautiful two toned wood, maybe I'll put some pics on here...if I can figure out how to do that [ how I can do it now is a link...not the actual photo...anyone know how to do that?..]

• 4 months later...
Disembarkation luggage tags.

Keycards of course. I’ve got a whole drawer of things from the cruises I was on. :D

You too, huh? :D

I've got a few luggage tags stashed away,

some from embarkation days, but more from disembarkation days

-and about 200 key-cards from various ships and lines (not all mine, of course)

My email is pcdoctor (at) caribsurf dot com if you care to exchange or donate.

David H. -in Barbados

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Where is a good place in Belize to buy Christmas ornaments? We have some from everywhere we've gone. I'm worried that I might not have any time to find one since we're going on an exursion w Viv tours in Belize. I hope it doesn't take up all our time and I hope that the stores will be open when we get back before we go on the tender.

i dont remember the name but its inside the market when we got off the ship you will pass thru the market to meet your guide if my memory serve me right. the fish & the star i paid 5:00 each as you walked in to your left of the market. the other one thats painted i paid 8;0o for that its almost to the end of the market and its the right hand side.

Archived