Bermuda Cruise: Bus Tickets sold on the ship?

dongordon

When we went (2007)..even though there were reports here on CC that they werre available onboard -they were not...

Not sure recently...thoiugh some posts have said..still not available..

I have heard that some ships going to Bermuda sell the Bus and Ferry tickets on the ship.

At least I was told that RCI does.

Does NCL offer this service as well?

No ~ Tickets cannot be purchased on board. After you get off, there will be an area for you to get your tickets.

You can use them on busses or Ferry...They have the 2 or 3 day passes. Buy whichever you figure youi'll need. At the West End, you will need to bus or ferry everywhere...

Have fun! Bermuda is wonderful:)

No ~ Tickets cannot be purchased on board. After you get off, there will be an area for you to get your tickets.

You can use them on busses or Ferry...They have the 2 or 3 day passes. Buy whichever you figure youi'll need. At the West End, you will need to bus or ferry everywhere...

Have fun! Bermuda is wonderful:)

I am planning to go to Elbow Beach, Horseshoe Beach and a hotel called Coco Reef in Paget Parish.

Do you recommend I get a two or 3 day pass or go by taxi to these places.

I am planning to go to Elbow Beach, Horseshoe Beach and a hotel called Coco Reef in Paget Parish.

How long a pass you get depends on whether you want to leave the area each day you're docked. Some choose to stay in the Dockyard area the last day since you have to be back on the ship late afternoon. If that's the case you might opt for the 2 day pass. The taxi is going to cost you more than purchasing the bus pass. I find riding the bus enjoyable and a chance to get a little of the local color of the island.

Elbow Beach, Horseshoe Beach and Coco Reef Resort are all on (or just off) South Rd and would be served by a route #7 bus. Coming from the Dockyard, they are in this order: Horseshoe Beach, Elbow Beach, Coco Reef Resort.

HSB is the only beach of the 3 that fronts the bus route. The other 2 will require a short walk to reach the beach, about a quarter of a mile from the bus route to reach Elbow Beach and about .3-.4 mile to Coco Reef Resort. Advantage taxi but higher cost than bus. The one way taxi fare from the Dockyard to EB is about $35.00 for 1-4 passengers, weekday travel; to HSB, about $30.00, to CRR, about $37.00

Is your plan to do them all in one day and swim at each? Or are these visits for photo ops? For swimming, a very long day (3 beaches X swimming 3 hrs at each = 9 hours) but doable; for photo ops, an afternoon. Since the beaches are all on South Rd, I would try to do them in one day so you are not retracing your steps the next day and increasing your transportation costs.

Before I would answer your question about purchasing a transportation pass, I would have to know what your other plans are.

SBtS

Buy a 2 day pass and then you have the freedom to travel everywhere. Taxis are expensive (as already stated). The bus is regularly scheduled and easy to catch most of the time. Take the schedule with you and enjoy the ambience of the island and bus route. It can be a very social way to go as well since Bermudians love to say hello.

Schedule:

http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_18606_252_993_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/public_transportation_board/bus_schedules/bus_schedule11.pdf

Bus Routes:

http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt?space=CommunityPage&control=SetCommunity&CommunityID=252

We had 3 day passes. It's only $28 pp, but give you an opportunity to explorer the island by bus and by ferry in the most economical way. Tickets are sold at Tourist kiosk right next to the ship.

Originally we planed to go to beaches on days 1 and 3, and on day 2 go to Hamilton/Caves/St George's. Weather changed our plans and on day 3 we took another bus/ferry to and from Hamilton..

If you only planning to go to 1 beach/place every day, then your transportation would cost you $24, but only in one day Hamilton/Caves/St George's/Beaches/Back to Dockyard we would've spent $20 pp if we used tokens.

Someone should tell RCI that because I just had to buy my tickets at the same ticket booth that the NCL passengers use last month. ;):D

Buy a 2 day pass and then you have the freedom to travel everywhere.

Yes - $20 - CASH :D (and I tried to injure your avatar again ;))

Elbow Beach, Horseshoe Beach and Coco Reef Resort are all on (or just off) South Rd and would be served by a route #7 bus. Coming from the Dockyard, they are in this order: Horseshoe Beach, Elbow Beach, Coco Reef Resort.

HSB is the only beach of the 3 that fronts the bus route. The other 2 will require a short walk to reach the beach, about a quarter of a mile from the bus route to reach Elbow Beach and about .3-.4 mile to Coco Reef Resort. Advantage taxi but higher cost than bus. The one way taxi fare from the Dockyard to EB is about $35.00 for 1-4 passengers, weekday travel; to HSB, about $30.00, to CRR, about $37.00

Is your plan to do them all in one day and swim at each? Or are these visits for photo ops? For swimming, a very long day (3 beaches X swimming 3 hrs at each = 9 hours) but doable; for photo ops, an afternoon. Since the beaches are all on South Rd, I would try to do them in one day so you are not retracing your steps the next day and increasing your transportation costs.

Before I would answer your question about purchasing a transportation pass, I would have to know what your other plans are.

SBtS

I plan on doing one beach each day....get a 3 day pass - correct?

How much are they per person?

I plan on doing one beach each day....get a 3 day pass - correct?

How much are they per person?

The 3 day pass you need is $28 per person.

FWIW, if you're not going to use public transit other than going to and from the beach on each day, you could just buy 6 tokens per person at $4 each and save $4 per person over the cost of the bus pass.

Someone should tell RCI that because I just had to buy my tickets at the same ticket booth that the NCL passengers use last month. ;):D

Celebrity used to sell them on board and I think RCI as well. However, they did nt have an unlimited supply and they sold out before we got to Bermuda.

[

and I tried to injure your avatar again [/color];))

Gets me everytime.:o One time there was one running all over my screen and that time, it was for real.:D

I have heard that some ships going to Bermuda sell the Bus and Ferry tickets on the ship.

Does NCL offer this service as well?

Do not stand in the long line as you get off the ship. After you get off and head down the dock there is a little trailer that sells transportation passes as well as the souvenir shop just past the ferry. :D

Archived