Oosterdam Ship Tour Cost?

mncmom

We are just back from Eurodam, and we took the tour. 3 - 3.5 hours, very informative and fun - we thought it was worth the $150/each. We went: backstage of the theatre, engine control room, engine room, tailor, laundry, beverage and non-perishable food storage, bakery, galley, bridge. Each stop along the way, an officer spoke to us about how their department worked and Q&A were encouraged. There is a lot of walking, and some steep stairs (true ship "ladders"), so be aware of that. Also, don't wear flip-flops or sandals. Cameras are welcomed everywhere.

We did this tour on Zuiderdam and loved it. Yes, it's expensive, but so are some of the tours on shore. And if you like to find out how things work, you'll have the chance to learn a lot.

I saw the announcement of the tour in the first day's Explorer while we were waiting to board. I showed it to DH and said we have to do this! The price was not shown, as I recall. He still doesn't know how much it cost. Because it's a limited opportunity (something like 12-15 people), we went to the front desk right away to sign up. I don't know that I'd bother to do it again on another ship, but it was definitely worth doing once. We did not get into the engine room itself, but did go to the control room.

Thanks so much for all the info! I know my hubby and 2 boys would like it - but definitely not worth the price for us! Especially not if we aren't guaranteed to see the engine room, crew quarters and the bridge! Too rich for our blood . . . we'll have to 'fold' on this one . . .

Thanks for the positive reviews on this tour. I really wanted to do it on our cruise, but since this was our first cruise, I was saving my money for all those things I wanted to buy for my first trip (DVD sets, souvenir photos, keychains, all that stuff). Next time around, I'll have the money available for a ship tour instead.

Archived