Liquor you can't buy in the states.

Tom.Terrific

Just sent a request in on their contact form. They list United States as a place they sell, but no list of distributors or anything. I gave them my Zip Code to see if they can tell me where to get it. I guess all of our local liquor stores (that I know of) are too low-end to carry it.:p

Where are you in Texas, Chuck? Specs in Houston carries it according to their website. Alas, they don't stock Caybrew, however!:D

Sheridan's can be shipped to the US:D

http://www.tipsygifts.com/

at almost $45 a bottle it's not cheap especially when you have to buy six

Keep in mind that those 6 bottles are 500ml. The ones you get on the ship are 1L. So you're basically paying $90 per L. You'd be better off getting it at:

http://www.dutyfreedepot.com/CatalogueList.aspx?BrandID=863&BrandSection=3

For $25 per bottle. We just got two of the 1L bottles for $48 I think

Brugal Rum in the Dominican Republic........best rum in my opinion and you can't get the same quality and selection here!

I remember my favorite rum was also dominican.Barcelo I think it was called very good stuff I think it was aged

My favorites are Nassau Royale from Nassau (duh)

CSR from St. Kitts

And from the west coast of mexico (haven't really looked for it in the Caribbean) Damiana in the fat lady bottle. It really does taste good, and the bottle is cool.

• 9 months later...

Jameson Irish Whiskey.. The real stuff, not the crud they have to sell in the state because of our liquor laws. :mad:

I love rum, so I'll have to try this rum cream everyone is talking about. Oh and we have an open bottle of Sheridan's from a cruise 5 years ago... though it has been in the fridge this entire time. :p

One clarification:

You are allowed to bring back more than 1L per person, just depending on how many you bring, you may be asked to pay a duty/tax on it.

We usually bring back 4 bottles between the two of us, we always declare that on the form and tell the customs officer exactly what we have when asked about it. We have never been asked to pay any additional duty, I was told it was because they have bigger things to worry about than whether or not some yay-hoo has paid $0.75 tax on a bottle of rum.

sheridans2.jpg

A unique coffee & cream flavored liqueur, that's quite popular on the cruise ships. I've seen if offered, without exception, on every cruise in the complimentary liquor tasting event done on the first evening.

The totally cool thing about Sheridan's is how pretty it looks when poured into a Cordial/Liqueur Glass! The brown goes to the bottom and the white rises to the top. :)

Sheridan's of course...

Also..in St Thomas..(and probably other Virgin Islands)..Calypso Island Vanilla Rum...

We used to bring a dozen bottles back with us when we were frequently doing Easterns...it's a very mild, nice, sipping rum or good in Coke...

We always went to AH Reise and the clerks got to recognizing us..in conversation she said they cook with it!..I guess there it's considered cheap crap rum but we love it..they always had tastings of it there and have other flavors too!

I brought back some Havana Club Rum from Grand Cayman.

The lady at Black Dick's Rum said that the embargo covered only cigars.

I looked at her for a moment mentally looked up embargo in the dictionary in my head and went with it.

It has a nice Republica de Cuba label on it, something you don't often see in the States.

sheridans2.jpg

A unique coffee & cream flavored liqueur, that's quite popular on the cruise ships. I've seen if offered, without exception, on every cruise in the complimentary liquor tasting event done on the first evening.

Anyone know how much this costs per bottle? We know someone that wants us to bring back 2 bottles, and it looks good enough that we may get one for ourselves....what is the limit on alcohol before having to pay tax?

Jameson Irish Whiskey.. The real stuff, not the crud they have to sell in the state because of our liquor laws. :mad:

I love rum, so I'll have to try this rum cream everyone is talking about. Oh and we have an open bottle of Sheridan's from a cruise 5 years ago... though it has been in the fridge this entire time. :p

Im totally with you. On all points: real Jameson, trying Rum Cream, and "aged," refridgerated Sheridans ;) LOL!

Vallisoletano Xtabentun. Mayan liqueur made from the honey that bees extract from the xtabentun flowers on vines that grow only in the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico, and is distilled with anise seed and rum. Very good and hard to find.

I wish I had known about this. This sounds like something Id really like to try.:)

Anyone know how much this costs per bottle? We know someone that wants us to bring back 2 bottles, and it looks good enough that we may get one for ourselves....what is the limit on alcohol before having to pay tax?

It's $39.99 to $43.99 for TWO bottles depending on where you buy it. It's about $27.00 for a single bottle.(Suggestion: Buy 2 bottles in port for $39.99. Show your bill on the ship and they'll meet the price if you wish to buy two more.)

Each person can take 2 bottles off the ship without additional taxes.

Does anyone know what the limit is for bringing alcohol back into the US without having to pay any fees?

On most cruises 1 liter per person over 21 years of age is allowed without extra fees. However, according to the US Customs and Border Patrol website, if your cruise stops in St. Thomas or another US insular possession you are permitted to bring back 5 liters per person over 21 as long as one liter is the product of a US insular possession. Cruzan rum is made in St. Croix so it counts. Woo-hoo!

Xtabentun. Pronounced ish-tah-ben-TOON

It's a Mayan Honey Liqueur (rum based). I prefer Vallisoletano brand over D'Aristi. It's made in Merida, and can be found in the Yucatan ports. In Cozumel Los Cinco Sole has Vallisoletano bottled under their own label.

I like to buy tequilas I can't get at home ... and what I can't get varies by the state I am currently living in. From TN (just about nothing), to CA (just about everything) to FL (somewhere in the middle). So ...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i5026-BSQ_s_Tequila_in_Ten_Minutes.html

My Personal Favorite is XQ Gran Reserva. it's the Blue X bottle in the pic below.

2208745150102635822S600x600Q85.jpg

Word of Warning, since Aha Torol was mentioned. If you buy that (cause it's pretty inexpensive), the bottles leak. Make sure you bring some ziplocs to put the bottles in if you are going to be putting it in your luggage. That goes for many of the tequilas with a cork.

Edited by BSQ

Are there any other vodkas that are available that you can't buy in the States? Looking for a nice gift for my brother. Thanks!

The ship carries some Limited Edition bottles. On our last cruise, I bought 2 750ml bottles of Absolut Limited Edition Bottles for $28 total. One was regular Absolut, but the bottle is in a geometric patern. The other was a flavored Absolut. I opened it to see how it tastes and it was aweful. LOL. Then, I went to Ebay and saw the exact bottle new selling for $65. I now wish I wouldn't have opened it for a taste. The other is still unopened.