Liquor you can't buy in the states.

Tom.Terrific

Sheridan's looks yummy!

Does anyone know what the limit is for bringing alcohol back into the US without having to pay any fees?

The fees aren't expensive. I had to pay $22 total for the extra bottles I brought back into California on my last cruise to Mexico. I think it amounted to about $2 a bottle.

I've been selling Cruzan Velvet cinn for over a year. But customers who try it keep coming back for Rumchata. To me they are both excellent.

Interesting. My mom had never seen it in Wisconsin and she brought it in to her friend that owns a local bar. She never heard of it either. Maybe it's only in certain areas. I'm not a big fan of either but my preference was the Velvet Cinn. I wouldn't pay for either one, though because they just aren't my thing.

I confess I too post of FB all the bottles of pure white hennesy I get from my cruises. Thats all my family and friends ask for. Went to a local liquer store they were selling it at a huge premium. Im like umm wait a minute I have 6 bottles on my shelf. I can make a quick profit.

We have bought Sheridans on our last three cruises and for tequila we always get true Mexican tequila, I want nothing that's made for the U.S. It's usually cheaper and much better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a huge tequila fan. But, so far anything besides Jose Cuervo or Patron gives me a nasty headache. Any suggestions? I'm hitting up Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados, St Kitts, & St Thomas in a few weeks on the Royal Princess.

My husband used to drink a lot of jack and reise in st Thomas had some serial numbered bottles for a while that were only $40.... We gave them away at Christmas a few years ago and found out they were collectors items and worth at least double. Oh well... Easy come easy go. We will have to see if they have anything like that again in 2 weeks. :)

Edited by blueglaze

We have NOT been able to find Sheridans in the US (and we have friends all over the country because of business). We normally don't bring alcohol back with us but Sheridans it is the one we buy as much as we can and bring home! It's our #1 request from friends to bring back to them.

We have it in our liquor stores (lcbo) here in canada. And I can swear I have seen it in buffalo. And I saw it this past week in a publix in Weston fl

Edited by millineumwoman

Big Black Dick rum. Only available in the Caymans. I keep a bottle around just to see the looks on people's faces.

They changed the name to "Blackbeard" a couple of years ago, though some smaller vendors still have it. The BBD has a special role in my "girls weekends" and had been brought on several trips. We even had "BBD Girls" shirts made up. Certainly is a conversation starter. Who says middle aged gals don't have a sense of humor? :-)

I believe it's a new show...Booze Traveler on the Travel Channel. Airs Mondays at 10 pm EST. Pretty interesting/educational & sometimes maybe a little disturbing.

I just thought maybe some of you would want to check it out. 🍷🍹🍶🍸🍺🍻

Don Ramon Tequila is, by far, the best tequila I have ever had. I love margaritas but drinking it straight makes me sick. I can drink don ramon on ice with a squeeze of lime. Yum! I think I got it in Cozumel.

Also tried Crema de Almedrado at a store in Chankanaab in Cozumel and it is AMAZING. Almond liquer and tequila mixed, i think. So delicious! Definitely getting those and Sheridans (for the BF) on our cruise this weekend!

Pardon me from veering from the Caribbean trend of responses.

Probably my rarest "score" was the quartet of Tungi Cactus Pear Spirit, White Lion Spiced Rum, Midnight Mist Coffee Liqueur and Jamestown Gin, all distilled on the island of St. Helena and only available there. It's the most remote distillery in the world, making the product all that more special. The bottles are distinctive, shaped to symbolize the Jacob's Ladder - a 699 step staircase on the hillside of Jamestown.

Given that only a few cruise ships a year stop at St. Helena, I was quite happy to find this on a trans-Atlantic from Cape Town to Rio.

Details and photos of the spirits can be found HERE.