Solo cruise as first cruise?

I_heart_vaca

I have been planning my first cruise for sometime and have just learned my cruise partner (who is my usual travel partner) will not be able to go. I am looking for another person to go (so as not to lose the money) but have decided I want to go regardless of if I can find a fill in...so my question is this - - -

Is a solo cruise ok for a first time cruiser or would you not recommend it?

Thanks!:D

I Heart,

My first cruise was a solo cruise to Alaska, last year during this very week. It was a WONDERFUL experience and I can't wait to go on another one, solo. It was very liberating to set my own schedule for my vacation as I spend lots of time taking care of my parents' needs. I say, by all means, GO FOR IT!

I have been planning my first cruise for sometime and have just learned my cruise partner (who is my usual travel partner) will not be able to go. I am looking for another person to go (so as not to lose the money) but have decided I want to go regardless of if I can find a fill in...so my question is this - - -

Yes, it is more than ok:D I took my first cruise as a solo and that

was 8 years ago and I have never looked back:). My next cruise

is 5 weeks from today:) and I don't have a travel partner. I have

never had one.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise:)

I did my first cruise as a solo last March on a 7-day voyage to the Mexican Riviera. I originally wanted family to go with me, but scheduling proved problematic. I'm glad I went solo because I could do what I wanted and not concern myself with what others wanted. For me, this is true relaxation and what a vacation should be. My upcoming cruises will also be done solo. My recommendations: go take your cruise, have a wonderful time, and take lots of pictures and/or video and show them to family and friends. They may be begging to go with you on the next cruise when they see that you were having a great time. Of course, whether you want to take your next cruise solo or with a partner is entirely up to you. ;)

I would go for it if you can't find a new partner to cruise with. My first cruise was a solo and although I was a little apprehensive at first, it was a great trip. Since then I have done over a dozen more, all solo, and now, I don't know if I would enjoy cruising with someone else as much as I do cruising solo. You only have to please yourself. Yes, it does cost more to cruise solo, but to me its worth it. Happy sailing.

My first cruise I went solo and loved it. It prompted me to do 2 others, both solos also and now I don't invite anyone

Once you go solo.....you will have a tough time going with others. You will miss the freedom!

Archived