Nieuw Amsterdam Main Deck Cat J inside

CarolZaga

Does anyone know if the Cat J inside cabins on the Main Deck (Deck 1) on the Nieuw Amsterdam have showers only? I ask because my husband is disabled and cannot get into a tub. Any comments about any of the inside J cabins would be very much appreciated! :)

Yes, all inside cabins on all HAL ships (with the possible exception of the Prinsendam, I can't remember) have a shower instead of a tub. It's a generous size, with a small lip to step over.

I have stayed in Main Deck J-category cabins on the Noordam (twice), E-dam, Westerdam, and will be in one on the Zuiderdam. They are my cabin of choice on the Vista and Signature classes. They are spacious, comfortable, with a good layout.

Looking at the Main Deck Diagram of the N.A. on the HAL site the J cabins do not have the symbol (a flower) for shower only. Only the F cabins do.

Carol, I think that's because it would be redundant. Check the description of the inside cabin. Doesn't it say "shower"?

Ruth, I just checked the description for the Cat J inside cabins and you are right -- they are shower only. Thank you so much for the valuable information about the layout and spaciousness of the cabin and confirming that they do have showers only! :D

2 of the J.s are for ADA... and are even larger!( Suite size actualy) These gems are about 100Sq ft larger than the outside and Veranda cabins... the personal choice of many of us The bathroom is twice the floor space of others too.

It just keeps getting better and better.... " no way without a J":rolleyes:

Archived