Blue Lagoon Spa, Iceland

beachbumsns

Can anyone tell me what the bottom of the Blue Lagoon is made of, and if it is mucky when you walk on it? Just curious as we do not know what to expect? Are you allowed to wear water shoes in the Lagoon? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I recall it being slightly mucky, but not too bad. Your feet sink in a bit, but I do not recall it being too dirty or anything on the bottom. I did not recall seeing anybody wearing water shoes, but was not looking for that - so I cannot say if it is sometimes done or permitted. It was a fun experience going there.

It's the silica, same as the white mud you slather on your skin to make you look 10 years younger. I suspect they would not allow you to wear water shoes. You have to take a nude shower before putting on your suit, so I think the shoes would be out. It's fun. Make sure you have conditioner for the shower/shampoo after...They provide shampoo...It really makes your hair sticky! EM

As a fellow Canadian, Nova Scotian, I'll believe you. Don't want to waste the weight in our luggage since we are on a 20 day trip. Need all the room we can get, so will leave the water shoes at home. So looking forward to this trip to the Blue Lagoon. Thanks for the help.

As a fellow Canadian, Nova Scotian, I'll believe you. Don't want to waste the weight in our luggage since we are on a 20 day trip. Need all the room we can get, so will leave the water shoes at home. So looking forward to this trip to the Blue Lagoon. Thanks for the help.

We visited in late August and although we did not go in the water, I did test the water temperature and it was bathtub warm. It was a very interesting place to visit and the water was such a pretty milky blue colour.

Archived