MCD on Oosterdam - Canaletto an option?

mncmom

On the MCD night, I know the Pinnacle is an option, but is the Canaletto an option also? Or is that closed b/c it's part of the MDR?

It's been open on all of our cruises to the best of my recollection. You would probably need to reserve early for that night once on board. I'm sure others have thought of the same thing:)

Neither the Pinnacle or the Canaletto is part of the main dining room.

The Pinnacle is located on the Lower Promenade Deck and the Canaletto is located on the starboard side of the Lido buffet area.

There is no telling if the Pinnacle will be open for regular menu or for Le Cirque. On our recent Amsterdam cruise -- the Master Chef Dinner was held in the main dining room and LeCirque was in the Pinnacle that night.

So we chose to go to Canaletto that evening.

OMGosh! You're right! In all my reading and searching and reading some more, I mixed up the MDR and the Lido! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! We will definitely be reserving the Canaletto (unless, of course, the other 16 people in our party want to do this! Uugh!).

Neither the Pinnacle or the Canaletto is part of the main dining room.

The Pinnacle is located on the Lower Promenade Deck and the Canaletto is located on the starboard side of the Lido buffet area.

There is no telling if the Pinnacle will be open for regular menu or for Le Cirque. On our recent Amsterdam cruise -- the Master Chef Dinner was held in the main dining room and LeCirque was in the Pinnacle that night.

So we chose to go to Canaletto that evening.

They probably know that people are going to duck out of the MDR on that night so why not capitalize on it. I like the "normal" Pinnacle so I hope that won't be the case on my cruise. I got the distinct impression the the MCD would soon be gone by "someone in the know" on the Westerdam back in April. I hope that was good knowledge.

The last two cruises we were and two in the future, Le Cirque was/is the same night as MCD. So only options are Caneletto or Lido unless you are a Le Cirque fan. The last cruise on the Amsterdam we did the MCD and it was an improvement over the past. But if HAL eliminates it, we won't mind at all.

They probably know that people are going to duck out of the MDR on that night so why not capitalize on it. I like the "normal" Pinnacle so I hope that won't be the case on my cruise. I got the distinct impression the the MCD would soon be gone by "someone in the know" on the Westerdam back in April. I hope that was good knowledge.

I read that on here way back then.

But still the MCD just keeps hanging around.

Newbie question *~* What is MCD and what is involved ?

Thanks ! We'll be on the Oosterdam in October.

The official term is the Master Chef's Dinner. It's usually on the last night of the cruise.

It varies ship by ship - some have the waiters singing songs, doing napking twirling. others are more subdued. The Baked Alaska parade is pretty much standard on all of them. If you haven't done it before, you might want to go. Others avoid it like the plague. some like it, some love it. some hate it. All kinds of different opinions, but that is what it is;)

Archived