Dream Laundry payment question

pbs14

Hi all! I have a quick question...I know there are laundry facilities onboard--Do I need $6 in quarters to wash/dry 1 load or do you use your Sign and Sail card to pay? Thanks in advance!! So excited to really start planning this cruise!!

Hi all! I have a quick question...I know there are laundry facilities onboard--Do I need $6 in quarters to wash/dry 1 load or do you use your Sign and Sail card to pay? Thanks in advance!! So excited to really start planning this cruise!!

Easier to wait until the day you can get a bag of laundry for like $15...we can get quite a bit in there...you are on vacation who wants to do laundry?;)

Thanks so much everyone! I forgot about the $15/bag thing!! Great idea! I can probably get away with doing 1 large load and then sending out a bag too. (family of 4) Thanks for the help!

Did laundry a few weeks ago on the Dream, level 2 too. No problems at all. I actaully did two loads of wash and then one load in the dryer. Everything was in working condition and it was no problem to do laundry on board. The 15.00 bags would only have fit about 20% of what I washed. This way I had less clothes to bring on board, the next part of my vacation I started with all clean clothes and it made me happy. I brought the laundry sheets vs. liquid or powder detergent and it was so simple. Tossed a load in and came back about 35 minutes later when it was done. Did the same for the dryer. The iron and ironing board is also in this room though we didn't use it... We were washing our clothes before dinner so probably about 5:30 starting the washer and finished with the dryer and folding and putting away before 7 PM....

Did laundry a few weeks ago on the Dream, level 2 too. No problems at all. I actaully did two loads of wash and then one load in the dryer. Everything was in working condition and it was no problem to do laundry on board. The 15.00 bags would only have fit about 20% of what I washed. This way I had less clothes to bring on board, the next part of my vacation I started with all clean clothes and it made me happy. I brought the laundry sheets vs. liquid or powder detergent and it was so simple. Tossed a load in and came back about 35 minutes later when it was done. Did the same for the dryer. The iron and ironing board is also in this room though we didn't use it... We were washing our clothes before dinner so probably about 5:30 starting the washer and finished with the dryer and folding and putting away before 7 PM....

Thanks for the info. I don't see it listed on the Deck plan, where exactly is the laundry room on deck 2? Do you know what other decks have laundry rooms?

Main Deck 2, across from cabin 2375

Empress Deck 7 across from cabin 7347

Lido Deck 10 across from cabin 10264.

The other good thing, is both the washers and dryers have timers. Washers are for 30 minutes while the dryers take one hour. This makes it easier to maintain proper laundromat etiquette, i.e. move your loads along.

If you do the math, the dryers take twice as long as the washers. At the deck 2 laundry there is twice as many dryers as washers so it works out.

Archived