San Diego Embarkation

anjoliza

I'm wondering what the embarkation process is like in San Diego? I always like to get to the Port early and am wondering what is the earliest they will start accepting luggage there and then is there a spot indoors that you can sit once you sign in and have your zone card?

Any info will be appreciated!

Thanks,

I'm wondering what the embarkation process is like in San Diego? I always like to get to the Port early and am wondering what is the earliest they will start accepting luggage there and then is there a spot indoors that you can sit once you sign in and have your zone card?

Any info will be appreciated!

Thanks,

I live in San Diego and have sailed out of it numerous times. Each time went smoothly and quickly. We've gotten there early and was able to wait in the terminal for our zone number. You don't want to get there too early though because you'll get caught in the traffic from debarkation. I think if you got there after 10:00 it'll be a little less hectic.

Things are a bit unsettled here with all the ships moving out. I will assume you will not be using the new terminal area.

We usually arrive about noon, but I think they allow check in at 11:30. The old terminal is a big warehouse type building. There are chairs and benches, but it gets crowded. There are restrooms, and I think they sell water, but that's about it.

To us, it seems relatively painless, eespecially comparing it to Long Beach. Nuttin' fancy down here though. :)

Pat

Although you did not ask --

When debarking DO NOT BRING off any fruits/vegetables. On each cruise out of San Diego I have seen at least one person dismantling their suitcase on the asphalt searching for the piece of fruit.

The Ag dogs truly do have a wonderful sense of smell. Once an AG dog alerted on my Lemonheads.

Thank-you for the replies!!! I am one of those cruisers who like to get there early!! I was thinking around 10:30 but my concern was that they wouldn't accept the luggage yet at that time and I didn't want to be stuck standing on the sidewalk with my suitcase for an hour or so.

I remember when we got to the ship about 10:30, there was a line outside the gate going up the sidewalk. They finally opened up the gate around 11:30. BTW, there was not a separate line for Platinum/VIP until you got in to the building.

We got there early last time and had to stand outside and also lug all our baggage in thru the gate by ourselves. No porters out at the street to hand off luggage to. So if you go early pack light. :rolleyes:

Archived