glad we booked when we did

brucelegs

the price of our aft balcony on deck 10 has gone up almost $300 for our cruise in the Dawn next May. There is just one aft balcony left on deck 8 - I knew the price would go up, just didn't imagine it would be this fast and thankful we booked when we did back in January.

I'm surprised other cruise lines have not caught on that folks in the Northern New England area like to cruise but don't want the hassle of travelling to a port other than Boston to depart from.

I, too, have seen an increase since booking a Caribbean cruise and one to Bermuda.

The Caribbean cruise has increased $300pp and the Bermuda cruise has gone up $100pp. Both cabins are aft suites.

My adult kids are in an aft balcony next July and it has gone up $150pp.

I'm also noticing it is tough to pick up a price decrease like I used to just a year ago. I always book early and usually get a price reduction or two. This isn't happening as much of late.

By the way, aft suites are awful:rolleyes:

There are no Aft Balconies available on my Gem cruise in October. I got the last one. :) If we keep talking about them, everyone else is going to realize that they are a hot commodity. :eek:;)

Yeah the cats been out of the bag for awhile now on this subject. This best kept secret is not such a secret anymore. If you want an Aft Balcony cabin you have to book early and pay more!

There are no Aft Balconies available on my Gem cruise in October. I got the last one. :) If we keep talking about them, everyone else is going to realize that they are a hot commodity. :eek:;)

LOL! The word is already out. That is why I can't wait to try one for the first time. Got one on deck 10.

The afts B1's on our upcoming cruise sold out so fast they only raised the price once by $50 but the Aft Penthouse went up $890pp and there is still one left because I am not paying that much for it!:eek:

That is why we always book waaay in advance..Our inside room for the Jewel Sept 3 is $100 and the balacony room for my inlaws are about $50..They must have gone down a little because a few weeks ago they were much more than that..Some people say you get the best deals last minute..but I find that not to be true...

I booked my 4/2012 cruise back in the beginning of the year. I just made final payment (yep, wanted it paid off early). My TA checked to make sure that the price hadn't gone down and found that the price went up $200/pp for a 4 day cruise!:eek:

It's amazing how they can fluctuate from day to day.

Last year on the Epic, from the time we booked (the year prior to taking the cruise and while they were building it) until the time we sailed...the price of our studio rooms went up about $700 I think it was per person.

This year on the Spirit (with only about a month to go), the price of our interior room has only went up $20 per person I believe since we booked.

It's a guessing game. I try to book as soon as I know to avoid any price increased, but yet it's hard to not want to wait until you see them run a "special". :D

Archived