Past Guest Numbers

Colorado Kat

Aren't past guest numbers supposed to stay the same? My two daughters keep getting new ones assigned to them. When we cruised in June 2011, they each had different past guest numbers, but when I booked a new cruise today, they are assigned the same past guest number again.

This is very frustrating. I hate trying to justify their cruise history every year.

Has anyone had this same problem and gotten it corrected? Who do I speak to? Every time we cruise, I spend probably 4 hours on the phone, trying to convince Carnival they are two different people.

In the past, I have been told that if I don't have it correct upon boarding, the duplicate daughter can be denied boarding. (The duplicate daughter changes every cruise - they like to keep it interesting!) Help!

My husband and I have been on 5 cruises each... but only 4 of them together. I had the same past guest # for all my cruises, but it wasn't until my husband's third cruise that I realized his first cruise wasn't under his current past guest #. I called Carnival and expected it to be a big pain for him to get credit for that first cruise, but the agent I spoke to was able to trace it back to him! She simply asked his name and what previous cities he had lived in. Since his first cruise was in 1996, it was under one of his college addresses! I couldn't believe they were able to find it, but they did and the agent was able to delete his old past guest # and put that cruise on his current past guest #. It showed up on his online Carnival profile within a few days.

I'm following this thread because i wonder why this is happening to you. My 3 kids past guest number has never changed!

This happens from time to time with Carnival. If they mail you something and it's returned the account, including the past guest number, is canceled. The same has been happening with email addresses. If you cancel service with say Time Warner and you no longer use the 'rr' email and Carnival's emails to you end up undeliverable that account, and past guest number, faces cancellation.

:)

This is because my daughters are twins. There is a glitch in the softwear that Carnival uses. They do not recognize two passengers in the same cabin, same sex, with the same last name, and same date of birth.

My girls have probably had 8 or 9 past guest numbers between them, and they currently have the same number assigned to both of them. (In June, they had different numbers, and I was assured that the problem was solved for good.)

This is a problem that Carnival has known about for years, and this causes all sorts of wierd problems in the system, computer-wise.

After we were married my wife received a new past guest number due to having a different last name. We told Carnival and gave them all the information about her cruises and they combined them into one number. It’s a simple fix if you have booking numbers for all of your cruises.

This is because my daughters are twins. There is a glitch in the softwear that Carnival uses. They do not recognize two passengers in the same cabin, same sex, with the same last name, and same date of birth.

My girls have probably had 8 or 9 past guest numbers between them, and they currently have the same number assigned to both of them. (In June, they had different numbers, and I was assured that the problem was solved for good.)

This is a problem that Carnival has known about for years, and this causes all sorts of wierd problems in the system, computer-wise.

Let them post all the cruises under one name and that twin will reach Platinum twice as fast!!!!;)

In the past, I have been told that if I don't have it correct upon boarding, the duplicate daughter can be denied boarding. (The duplicate daughter changes every cruise - they like to keep it interesting!) Help!

Hope you can get it straight, but im curious why would she be denied boarding? You dont need a past guest number to sail.

My name is Chris - I register under "Christopher" - but Carnival truncated my name on the first cruise to "Christophe" (10 chars)...

so it happens to me too. No big deal, they always change it for me...but I wish they could just fix it.

I sailed Carnival in 1988 or 1989, and they have no record of it, saying it was too long ago. So I don't even have a past guest number. When I recently booked, the rep said this would be my first cruise.

If you have any paperwork or photos from that first cruise you can get it credited and be a Past Guest. Good Luck.

My name is Chris - I register under "Christopher" - but Carnival truncated my name on the first cruise to "Christophe" (10 chars)...

so it happens to me too. No big deal, they always change it for me...but I wish they could just fix it.

Can you have them move you old Christophe, file into a new one with the full name?

I have the same problem, and I've given up. Even when customer service gets it fixed, there is apparently some automated process that runs nightly which comes along and 'corrects' the 'duplication.' I even posted to JH's blog and got a response from him... but no one ever followed up.

At one point, as a byproduct of trying to fix this, they actually hosed up my profile and I lost my platinum status temporarily. :rolleyes:

It is utterly rediculous that they cannot fix this, and just goes to show how bad CCL's IT systems are. All they really need to do is add a flag to the entry that could be set by a supervisor, and add a simple check to the automated process(es) to disallow changing it.

You all have experienced the joy of the forgetful booking system, and I read that some of you had payment issues last month. They really need to clean house all the way up to the CIO and hire a couple of smart college kids to fix and manage all their systems.

Right now are kids are listed with the same PG number, and I intend to leave it that way unless something changes. The kids won't go platinum for years so there is nothing gained by continuing to fight this battle over and over until then. I have never heard anything about being unable to board though, so I'd be interested to know more about that. If that happens to us in October, I guarantee that you'll all know about it. :mad:

BTW, it's not a same-sex problem as my twins are B/G. It appears to be birthdate and address. They are unable to discriminate based on gender or name. Unfortunately, those are the 2 things you really can't change because they could really impact the ability to board the ship.

I'm currently having this same issue! I'm a triplet, and I've been on cruises sometimes with and sometimes without my sisters. Yet after a number of phone calls and emails to Carnival, showing who has been on which cruise and whose name is associated with each email address, it's still messed up, going on 3 months now...

Just got an email this morning, saying they "created me another past guest number" and they "hope to watch it and make sure the system doesnt override it" (the 5th time), but of course that "new" number doesnt work and isnt valid. Very frustrating and causing a lot of confusion (they now have it so if I login to Carnival.com with my email address and password, my sister's name will pop up instead...). I agree, seems like it should be an "easy" fix, but not sure what else to do, phone calls and emails dont seem to help...

We have the same problem with our twins too. We were just talking about it the other day, because once again only one twins pg number actually works. They keep deleting the 2nd one. I really wish they would fix this glitch, and am not happy to hear that other people having been having the same problem for years. Sounds like it will be an ongoing deal for them. They are going on their 4th cruise, and we have to jump through hoops to get a new past guest number assigned for my younger twin every time.....It is not like the have the same first and last name, so I don't know why their system has this issue. :confused:

We kind of had another weird glitch last sept we were on the Spirit

when I booked my DH (his first cruise my 3rd) Carnival.com kept welcoming him back. strange I thought as this was his first cruise.

Well we got on board and sure enough he was issued a gold card.

While I buying a FCC, I asked the guy at the desk if he could figure out what had happened...

Although my husband was 55 at the time, his past guest # belonged to someone with the same name but in his 30's and lives 3000+ miles from our address.

I turned and looked at my DH and said, I think that makes me a cougar :eek:

PS we didn't fix it, maybe the other guy can get to Platinum even faster. my DH didn't care for cursing so much. 20 years Navy, he would rather stay on the land now.

Finally I find others who have the same problems! The Carnival Reps sometimes tell me that nobody else has ever had these issues. I do not know for sure about the "denied boarding" - that is something I was told a couple of years ago. It's not having the same past guest number - it's having Carnival not recognize that they are separate persons.

I used to be a computer programmer, years ago, and I know how deeply some of these software glitches can run.

And it's not an easy fix to repopulate the cruise history, when I provide the past guest numbers that Carnival has assigned (multiple ones over the years for each girl) and Carnival does not recognize the past guest numbers, even from the sign and sail cards.

It's just a frustrating problem that I spend hours on for each cruise we book.

My sisters are having issues with their past guest numbers as well. One past guest number keeps getting assigned back and forth to each of them every time we try to get the problem resolved. We have been trying to get it fixed since February or March of this year.

They are not twins, so I am thinking their system has other problems as well.

Kinda off topic question, sorry. We took our DD on her 1st cruise for her 1st birthday and have 2nd cruise booked for 2nd birthday. Do those count for her towards platinum? Thought I read or heard that they do not count until the child reaches a certain age??

Kinda off topic question, sorry. We took our DD on her 1st cruise for her 1st birthday and have 2nd cruise booked for 2nd birthday. Do those count for her towards platinum? Thought I read or heard that they do not count until the child reaches a certain age??

They count.

This happened to hubby AND son once (on the same booking).

Thankfully I always double check the past guest numbers on the Fun Pass and the minute I saw a problem, I call guest services that they got it corrected.

Turned out I had punched in his date of birth incorrectly and it tripped his and our son's (who is a JR)....

Apparently they go on name and date of birth mainly....

so ALWAYS double check the numbers when you print out your FunPass!!

• 2 weeks later...

OMG. I have struggled with this issue for literally years. Just tonight, before I stumbled upon this thread, I wrote a detailed email to Carnival begging for them to have someone research this and straighten it out.

For my upcoming cruises, if I enter m previous guest number, it tells me that it's registered to another passenger. I call Carnival's customer service line, and they tell me not to worry about it. Just complete the sign & sail agreement.

I am tired of this. When I cruise enough to hit Platinum, I'd like them to recognize it (and acknowledge that I'm just ONE person!). I'll let y'all know if I have any luck. Or not.

Keep your fingers crossed. I think I'm to the point of being one of "those" customers who just won't let go until someone fixes this issue. Is that unreasonable?

Archived