All-inclusive drinks packages

jumbo336

Whilst a lot has been posted on this subject, and whilst I have done my own research, I cannot find an answer to the following.

Say I elect for a specific drinks package (say Premium). I see from the small print that it does not apply to cabin mini bar, or room service.

On a previous cruise with another company we had an all-inclusive drinks package that included mini bar but not room service. No problem. However, we like to sit on our balcony late afternoon/early evening before dinner and have a drink. If I can't include mini bar/room service, then I am stumped and cannot use my pre paid drinks package. Can someone out there who has recently done a Celeb X cruise, with a drinks package let me know how they got on please?

Thanks.:confused:

It was really easy to pick a couple of drinks up on the way back to the cabin, but to be honest, being on the premium package we couldn't even get through the wine we were allowed to bring onboard for the cabin.

5 o'clock time we would have (very strong) G&Ts at the Sunset bar, then pick up some water for the cabin, before going back out for pre dinner Martinis :eek:. You can drink yourself silly if you wish.

We pick the drinks up from the bar on the way to the room and one of us goes back out for top ups if required.

Plan on doing this for my upcoming cruise, GF and I will both have drink packages... can I go to a bar and get two drinks to bring back to the room (if I bring her SeaPass card with me)? Or does she have to come with me?

Would be best if I could grab drinks to bring back for the verandah while she is getting ready! :)

Thanks

Two choices -- go to the bar and bring your drinks back to your stateroom, or order from room service and pay for them on delivery outside the package. This is the way that Celebrity has chosen to operate its drinks package.

One other way, is to purchase a set up for you room, we get a bottle of Jack Daniels - we both enjoy, and use this for our stateroom cocktails.

It was really easy to pick a couple of drinks up on the way back to the cabin, but to be honest, being on the premium package we couldn't even get through the wine we were allowed to bring onboard for the cabin.

5 o'clock time we would have (very strong) G&Ts at the Sunset bar, then pick up some water for the cabin, before going back out for pre dinner Martinis :eek:. You can drink yourself silly if you wish.

U2CRUISER brings up a good point... it seems that a fair number of Cruisers get a wee "stockpile" going in their Stateroom Bar Fridge... picking up a bottled water or beer whenever they are enroute back to their cabin... then it is readily available when one needs it.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

can we stockpile beer for the beach??

I stock piled water for the beach so I don't see why not?

Also in the morning when you are leaving to go to port you can stop at two or three bars between the time you wake up and the time you disembark....

Get a beer at the buffet, get one at the coffee bar...etc.

Archived