LGBT Liberty of the Seas 10-29-2011 Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (Pt2)

CC Help Jenn

Sandy looks like the drinks will be on you and George then.;). Wow JoAnn that is terrific.

Marilyn about a week ago,on the main RCL board they were discussing CD and Andrews was listed as the present CD for the Liberty but don't know if he will be there when we depart.

Gay

Gay for sure in the Diamond Lounge........;)

Sandy, I guess we won't make it then.:), we are still in the lower group soon to make Platinum.;). I couldn't find a listing for the CD on our 1st cruise with Princess in 2002, but for 2006, 17 day Panama we had a John Clelford and he was good.

Jill, he was due to leave at the end of our 2008 Hawaii Cruise, but heard he came back friefly before moving on.

Gay

Bring back Karen Maybury as CD

Karen Maybury did not impress me. She is a lovely gal, but not a dynamic personality....JMHO....:) Did any of you every have Jeff Arpin as a CD?? It's been many years, but he was an absolute stand out! He was a true comedian, with personality up the ying yang.

We've been away in Manchester staying with our son, DIL and GD this weekend. Now Beth is fast asleep and our DIL has gone off to work a night shift as a Paediatric nurse. We have had a lovely time with them and hope to see them once more in October before our 6 week trip away.

Tomorrow we have a 200 mile drive home, all busy roads. One job for this week is to get round to the Set Sail Pass. You all seem to be way ahead of us.

Corinne

So glad you had a great w/e with Beth (and her parents, too, of course.) Have a safe drive home!!

FAO Karen,

Sorry I couldn't reply on Skype, it popped up on my screen that you were online there. We were watching the cricket. Quarter finals of a competition for one of the team's where John is a member, but in the south, whereas we are north today. He would have gone to see it if we had been at home.

Corinne

Edited by cinnamon

It's official I have 11 people set to meet me a Ballydoyle's (an Irish Pub) in downtown Downers Grove on September 18th at 6PM!!! Weeeee. If there is anyone else on the boards from the Chicago area who wants to join us please let me know so I can add you to the email list and keep you up to date on the details. hilljcolby at gmail dot com.

I can't remeber who said it on the other board but I really do miss doing the document dance but I did do a lil boogie woogie when I printed my set sail pass.

I also want folks to know I love Kareokee and will sing solo, in a group, sober or otherwise, you will know where to find me and I have a strong ear for music so you ladies pick it and I am in!!

Loved the friends in the computer post, my CC, pogo and FB folks are my lifeline!!

82 days woo hoo, of course I leave in 80 OMG, LOL. Ok, that shows my youth, Oh my god, luaghing out loud, he he he.

Jill, he was due to leave at the end of our 2008 Hawaii Cruise, but heard he came back friefly before moving on. Gay

Gay: Are you talking about Kirk???, if so he did not leave RCI until a couple of months ago when he went to Azamara...

Paul glad you and Mark found us after our move.... I thought you were kidding until I watched the video....oh my that is one crowded beach but looks a lot of fun.

CORINNE glad you had such a good time with your family, drive safe.

Yes Richard Spacey we had him on our Oasis cruise...he was a total riot... a lof of people like Ken Rush... I have been on several cruises with him and he is not very approachable always in a hurry....

Yes Richard Spacey we had him on our Oasis cruise...he was a total riot... a lof of people like Ken Rush... I have been on several cruises with him and he is not very approachable always in a hurry....

Sherry: Agree with you about Ken, he is too "Full of Himself"!!!

Sherry: Agree with you about Ken, he is too "Full of Himself"!!!
So agree with you both, can't stand the man Ken Rush. I don't know how he has the nerve to be on a TV program and say he hasn't found the right woman yet!!!! He never will! Allan Brooks was no better either IMHO.

It's official I have 11 people set to meet me a Ballydoyle's (an Irish Pub) in downtown Downers Grove on September 18th at 6PM!!! Weeeee. If there is anyone else on the boards from the Chicago area who wants to join us please let me know so I can add you to the email list and keep you up to date on the details. hilljcolby at gmail dot com.

I can't remeber who said it on the other board but I really do miss doing the document dance but I did do a lil boogie woogie when I printed my set sail pass.

I also want folks to know I love Kareokee and will sing solo, in a group, sober or otherwise, you will know where to find me and I have a strong ear for music so you ladies pick it and I am in!!

Loved the friends in the computer post, my CC, pogo and FB folks are my lifeline!!

82 days woo hoo, of course I leave in 80 OMG, LOL. Ok, that shows my youth, Oh my god, luaghing out loud, he he he.

HILLARY.....That was my comment about the good old days when the docs came in the mail and we all did the Doc Dance. Loved those days! But I still do a happy dance when I print out my Sea Pass.....:D And when I'm old and gray, I'll be twirling my cane around when I print it out.....LOL!!!

Add one more vote for someone who is not impressed with Ken Rush. He was the CD on our very first cruise back in '94--he was very full of himself even back then!

I've got the date down and let my friends traveling with me know about this. Thanks for setting this up!

Karen Maybury did not impress me. She is a lovely gal, but not a dynamic personality....JMHO....:) Did any of you every have Jeff Arpin as a CD?? It's been many years, but he was an absolute stand out! He was a true comedian, with personality up the ying yang.

So glad you had a great w/e with Beth (and her parents, too, of course.) Have a safe drive home!!

YEP we've had Jeff and really liked him too.

Poor Ken Rush his ears must be burning....I have no idea why some put him on a pedestal.... the only time I saw him actually talk to some cruisers was on a program when the Oasis came out and he was walking down the Promenade and stopped to talk to these people because he knew the cameras were on him.... he takes out all the new ships and is highly thought of obviously, by Royal Caribbean. I like a CD that is hands on, has a great personality and takes time to know his passengers...

We have never gotten to know any of the CDs we've cruised with other then a hello as we pass, so really have no opinion one way or the other,,,, But I have got to know a few of the concierges,,, So my favorite would be Juan Diego, although I've heard he may no longer be with the fleet..:confused: Would any of you know ????

Peter or who ever is familiar with the Liberty, Kate is interesting in knowing other then the main dining room, what place could hold our luncheons. It was suggested to her by RCL, we possibly could use Brassiere 30. She wrote me and felt she may have to split up the luncheons due to the amount of people signed up, which presently is close to #150 for the 1st lunch and for Portofinos, around 110 possible with new additions. She is awaiting further contact from RCL on whom to contact. to set it up. Thank you.

Gay

We have never gotten to know any of the CDs we've cruised with other then a hello as we pass, so really have no opinion one way or the other,,,, But I have got to know a few of the concierges,,, So my favorite would be Juan Diego, although I've heard he may no longer be with the fleet..:confused: Would any of you know ????

Juan Diego was alive and well on our Radiance Cruise last year. Not sure if he is still there, funny, but I really do not care for him at all. My DH gets along with him just fine but in 3 cruises Juan Diego and I have just not hit it off!

We have had Juan Diego a couple of times, he is wonderful. I

haven't heard he left. Missed him by a week on our cruise last November, Georgina took his place. She was wonderful also.

Peter or who ever is familiar with the Liberty, Kate is interesting in knowing other then the main dining room, what place could hold our luncheons. It was suggested to her by RCL, we possibly could use Brassiere 30. She wrote me and felt she may have to split up the luncheons due to the amount of people signed up, which presently is close to #150 for the 1st lunch and for Portofinos, around 110 possible with new additions. She is awaiting further contact from RCL on whom to contact. to set it up. Thank you.

Gay

Hi Gay, I'm not familiar with any other large size dining venues. I know there are several 'private' dining rooms like Velasquez and Bernini on deck 3 which are on either side of the main Rembrandt dining room. As the ships facts state that the total capacity of the MDR is 2101 with Rembrandt (652, deck 3), Michelangelo (500, deck 4) and Botticelli (883, deck 5 used for MTD)that leaves 66 for both of these 'private' dining rooms and having seen Velasquez, I reckon that would be about right between the 2 venues. BTW we reason I've seen Velasquez is that it was used as the 'left luggage' bag drop for those of us using the late departure option in May.

"Brassiere 30" is an option in the main Rembrandt dining room available at lunchtime on sea days. This menu features "Brasserie 30", which is designed to allow guests to have a complete lunch in 30 minutes. Guests can order dishes which will be brought by the waiters and/or you can get things from a buffet. If it is the same as when we were onboard in May, the dining room is only open for 90 minutes from noon to 1:30 pm.

The numbers will have to be split if you want to use Portofino or Chops as the total capacity according to RCI is 100 and 104 respectively.

There is a description of Brasserie 30 here http://www.beyondships.com/RCI-LOS-Tour-6.html

Edited by peteukmcr